30 Best Cornrow Braid Hairstyles
Many times we look for hairstyles that will make us look unique and lovely, and stand out in a crowd of many ladies with different hairstyles.
Cornrow hairstyles are a kind of hairstyle that involves braiding hair to the scalp in a series of rows, they are the best and most adorable hairstyles that you are sure will make you look cute and elegant.
Cute cornrow braided hairstyles
The hair is divided into cornrow sections arranged into rows. Cornrows hairstyles are a kind of protective braided hairstyles that are often used to prevent hair breakage.
Below are the best cornrow hairstyles that we would recommend you to wear on different or various occasions and will make you look gorgeous, and outstanding and definitely make heads turn.
Charming Cornrow Hairstyles
This is one of those few cornrow hairstyles that will charm your looks and make you look adorable, lovely, and fashionable. This kind of charming cornrow hairstyle can be worn by both white ladies and African women.
Cornrow Braids Hairstyles
You see there are many Cornrow Braids Hairstyles but this particular one stood out for us. It’s easy to recreate and style yet it looks incredibly amazing to African women and African Americans.
We recommend this to ladies with long face shapes such as oval, heart, oblong, and diamond, among others. For ladies with face shapes that are wider than they are long, worry not we have featured a variety of many different Cornrow Hairstyles that will match with your face shape and make you look adorable.
Colorful Cornrow Hairstyles
Are you a black woman or African American who likes colorful cornrow hairstyles? Then this is the best choice to make your cornrows colorful. Sometimes colors add style, decoration, and attractiveness to the braids especially when you choose colors that match and complement the color of your skin.
Cute Cornrow Styles
There are thousands and thousands of cornrow styles but this one stood out for us and we would like to recommend it to any lady that wants to stand out in a crowd of many other ladies with different black braided hairstyles.
This particular cornrow style worked out for me during my teenage age as I used to catch people’s attention almost everywhere I went as whoever spotted me would gap and stare at me.
Quite frankly some hairstyles will make you lose words to describe them. This lovely, elegant, and cutest cornrows hairstyle is one of those braided hairstyles that has always made me speechless.
African ladies look great, and gorgeous with hair styled into braids especially when it is styled into cornrows. African cornrows bring out that beautiful black beauty look for almost all African ladies.
In this cornrow hairstyle, she features small cornrows braided to the scalp with straight designs running from her forehead to the back. With this kind of cornrow hairstyle, you have a variety of designs or styles to make it new and unique every time you wear it.
Complement the hairstyle with matching or the right jewelry and finish the look with the attires that not only match the hairstyle but also match the occasion you’re dressing for and you will be good to go.
Big Small & Cornrows
Sometimes it’s fun to have a mixture of small and big cornrows on your head. They bring out a fun and fancy look that will make you look unique and eminent.
Cornrows hairstyles with big and small cornrows are quite unique and trust when you choose one design that complements your facial features; be rest assured to stand out in a crowd of many other ladies with different braided hairstyles.
Big Cornrows Braids
The lady in the above picture features big cornrows braids that run from the front of her head towards the back. The big cornrows braids are well spaced making it easy to maintain when washing and applying oil to the scalp.
The braids towards the nape of her neck were styled into a circular coiled pattern forming a coiled bun at the back of her head.
Black women look incredibly awesome with their hair braided into beautiful cornrows. Black cornrow braided hairstyles are one of the best cornrow hairstyles for black women which we are certain will look great on almost every black lady.
Cornrows Mohawk Hairstyles
Cornrows Mohawk Hairstyles come in many different styles and designs in that you might choose to braid only the sides into cornrows and leave the middle section to be styled into any other design you opt for.
Alternatively, some ladies might prefer to have a cornrow braided Mohawk hairstyle where all their hair is braided and then styled into a braided Mohawk.
Cornrows With Twists
A combination of cornrows plus twists will create an awesome and super fun braided hairstyle that will not only charm your looks but will make heads turn and necks bend. Twists look awesome and amazing especially when they are in small or medium size designs.
Cornrows With Bangs
Bangs are one of the ways to make your hairstyle unique and different. It’s quite a rear style to find cornrows with bangs so I guess you might need to pay close attention to the kind of unique and of its kind cornrow hairstyle.
Some ladies normally prefer leaving the bangs unplaited or unbraided but to us, we think braiding the bangs with this kind of braided hairstyle will be the best choice as they will surely match with the rest of the cornrows braids.
White Girl Cornrows
A fun and playful look with this kind of cornrow hairstyle will make you look attractive and cute hence standing out among her fellow girls.
Cornrows For Kids
Almost all braided hairstyles look stylish, trendy, and cute on kids. Braided hairstyles most especially cornrows give the kids that pretty and cute look making them look beautiful and endearing.
Cornrows Mohawk With Extensions
Doing a cornrow hairstyle with a Mohawk may not be that simple especially when your hair is short or medium length. This calls for hair extensions to add on the length of your hair to make the Mohawk possible.
Cornrow Updo Hairstyles
Another unique and stylish way to style your cornrows and make them look unique is by styling them into beautiful updos. Cornrow Updo Hairstyles are quite many and it might be a little challenging to choose which updo hairstyle to try on your cornrows.
Cornrows Hairstyles For Natural Hair
Natural hair is a beautiful piece to try on cornrows as they surely look amazing and super cute more so when you try on small cornrows in different styles and shapes.
Cornrows For Men
Some Cornrows braids will certainly look great on all genders (both men and women). This in particular stood out for men of all ages. Cornrows for men will be the best choice for you as they will undeniably make heads turn and will make you look prettier and more handsome.
Cornrows To The Back
Most of the cornrows to the back involve removing almost all the hair ( braids) away from the face which makes it best suitable for ladies with long faces such as oblong, oval, heart, and diamond, among others.
For ladies with round faces where their faces are wider than they are long, well this wouldn’t be the best hairstyle for you.
Cornrow Tree Braids
Give your hair a new look this season with tree cornrow braids at the front up to around the crown section of your head. Tree braids look completely great, fantastic, and super cute on all ladies with various or different face shapes coz they can be styled around their faces so that their unwanted facial features are covered.
Cornrows Braids styles
Cornrow braids that are well spaced (making it easy to maintain when oiling the scalp and washing when need be.) and run in straight lines to the back. The braids are then left to hang freely over one side of her shoulder.
Cornrows Hairstyles for black hair
Black hair is one of the best types of hair that many ladies have and like it more so when it’s still in its natural state. Black hair looks great on every woman no matter the length (short, medium length, long) or texture (fine, thin, thick) as it matches the color of the skin that God naturally gifted each one of us.
Cornrows With Weave Hairstyles
Do you want to give your hair a fuller and more voluminous look with cornrows? If this is you then cornrows with a weave hairstyle will be the best choice for you. This kind of hairstyle will give you that look of having thick and voluminous hair on your head.
Two Cornrows Hairstyle
The hairstyle is all about parting your hair in the middle and then creating two cornrows running to the back. As you go to the back keep adding hair to your braid which will eventually look like a Dutch braid. Continue braiding till the nape of your neck then the remaining hair into a big single braid.
Cornrow Braided Updo Hairstyles
Cornrow braided updo hairstyles can be achieved or styled in various different styles and ways. Many ladies prefer styling their braids into a bun while others may opt for a Mohawk, High ponytail, or any other different style as we are yet to see.
Cornrow Braids For Kids
Cornrow braids for kids look cute, trendy, and super stylish more so when styled on girls. The little girl featured in the above image features one of the best cornrow braids for kids her hair was braided into simple cornrows that run straight to the back.
Cornrow braids are lovely and truly look great on all ladies but some of us still think they look greatest on black women. Look at this African American lady featuring gorgeous cornrow braids; wow doesn’t she look stunning with those cornrow braids?
Advantages Of Cornrow Hairstyles Over Other Hairstyles
- Cornrows have a wide variety of styles from which you are sure you won’t fail to choose one that works for you. Personally, I am a fan of Big and small cornrows mixed because they make me look like an African American princess. However, there are other styles such as cornrow braided updo hairstyles, cornrow tree braids, and cornrows with twists, among others as we are yet to see detailed in this post.
- Cornrows Hairstyles are easy to maintain as they require only washing and regular oiling of the scalp. And I believe this is true for any braided hairstyles as they all need low Maintenance. So if you have been looking for a braided hairstyle that requires low maintenance, look no further coz cornrow hairstyles will be the best choice for you.
- The other thing that I like about cornrows hairstyles is that they look great on almost everyone irrespective of gender and age. This means that cornrows can be worn by both men and women; Africans, African Americans, and white ladies; younger girls or teenage boys, mature ladies or youthful gentlemen.
- Are versatile meaning you can wear them on different occasions! The occasion you are dressing for will determine which cornrow hairstyle to opt for. In this write-up, we have compiled for you over 40 of the best cornrow hairstyles that will make you stand out, charm your looks, and will turn heads.
- Just like most braids, cornrows can as well be done on natural hair or hair with extensions. For ladies with medium-length or long hair, you won’t need extensions as cornrows will look perfectly elegant on you when done with your natural hair.
- Retains hair growth. Braided hairstyles are known for retaining hair growth. Cornrow hairstyles are of protective braided hairstyles that will retain the growth of your hair.
Saves on time for styling most especially during rush hours. It used to be a little challenging for me when I hadn’t plaited my hair into beautiful cornrows. Choosing which hairstyle to wear more so in the morning when rushing to work was a great challenge for me. But after discovering or knowing the trick of cornrows, now I need not worry anymore coz these versatile cornrow hairstyles solved everything.
However, it should be noted that irrespective of the numerous advantages cornrow hairstyles have over other hairstyles; they take time during the styling process and since it involves braiding hair to the scalp in a series of rows, may be painful during and after the styling process.
How To Recreate And Style Cornrow Hairstyles
Learning how to do cornrows is that simple. All you need is to know the basics or principles to follow when doing any cornrow hairstyles. We have provided the basic principles that will guide you in a step-by-step direction on how to do cornrows.
Note: when learning how to braid, just focus on learning or mastering the technique, and don’t worry about how the braids will look coz the more you practice the better your braids will look.
- Begin by preparing your hair so that it’s ready for styling. If you haven’t washed your hair in a long time; kindly wash it with clean water and then shampoo to remove product residues that might have accumulated on the scalp. Rinse your hair with clean water then place a clean dry towel around your head to absorb the excess water. In case you’re not in a rush or hurry, allow your hair to naturally air dry by sitting under a shade else use a blow dryer to quickly dry your hair.
- Now apply styling products to your hair such as hair moisturizer, among others. The styling products you apply to your hair will depend on the texture of your hair and the style you want to wear.
- Part a section of hair from the hairline to the nape then Section off a small portion of hair at the front.
- Start with three pieces of hair strands
- Take the hair strand on the left under the middle section and to the right.
- Take the middle section and wrap it across the left section. Now your left section is the new middle section and the one which was in the middle is now the left section.
- Take a little bit of hair from behind the parted section and add it to the new middle section. Separate it with your index finger then take the hair on the right under the middle section and to the left. Continue picking up your hair as you go to the back moving from the left to the right.
Repeat the above process till when all the hair on your head is styled into beautiful cornrows and you will be good to go make heads turn and necks bend.
Categories: Hairstyle Ideas