5 Best Hair Dryers For Thick Hair
”After testing more than one Hair Dryer for Thick Hair for over a month – we have come to agree that Sam Villa Light Salon Professional Ionic Blow Dryer and Centrix 5000 Power Hair Dryer are the ''Best Hair Dryers for Thick Hair
What We Like About BIO IONIC Sam Villa Light & Centrix 5000?
- Both models are quiet and powerful.
- Both dry thick hair very fast - more than any other hair dryer on the market.
- Both deliver powerful airflow
- Both are lightweight and their ergonomic handle makes it easy to hold the dryers for a longer time without feeling any fatigue.
- Both hairdryers will leave your hair shiny & smooth.
- Both models reduce static and frizz - offer you a sleek finish.
- Both hairdryers have a removable filter which makes them easy to clean.
5 Best Hair Dryers for Thick Hair
Centrix 5000 Power Hair Dryer - Check price - Great hair dryer! Salon quality or better, Powerful, Quiet performance, Extra long 9-foot cord, AC motor, and cool shot button, Faster drying time, It produces 25% more air than other leading dryers, High and low speeds for controlled drying and styling
Editors choice RUSK Engineering Speed Freak Professional 2000 Watt Dryer - Check price - A professional 2000 watt dryer - ergonomically designed, Infused with ceramic & tourmaline which enhance the vitality of the air, Uses far-infrared heat and negative ions to dry thick long hair fast, Recommended by most hairdressers
Elchim Classic 2001 Dryer - Check price - Designed for all types of hair, Perfect balance between heat and high-pressure airflow, Long lasting and well balanced, 1875 watts of power, No cool shot, but a cool setting for ease of locking in the style, It dries hair faster than most dryers on the market because of the high airflow and heat output.
xtava Straight Up Shine Toolkit - White Xtava 2200 Watt Professional Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer - Check price - Salon grade professional blow dryer, 2200 Watts pro IONIC hair dryer - perfect for thick hair, 8'2" 360° swivel cord, Lightweight, 2 speed / 3-speed settings, tourmaline ionic ceramic technology quickly dries thick hair, Includes Pomona Goddess Flat Iron.
REVIEW OF 5 BEST HAIR DRYERS FOR THICK HAIR:
Sam Villa Light Salon Professional Ionic Blow Dryer
- A lightweight design (Weighs under 1 pound).
- Ceramic and tourmaline ionic technology.
- Patented Turbo-Compressor technology.
- A strong 1750-watt motor.
- 2 rotating concentrator nozzles.
- 3 heat settings.
- 2-speed settings.
- Press and hold the cool-shot button.
- Giant deep-bowl diffuser.
- An ergonomic handle.
- A Professional 9-foot memory-resistant cord.
- A Removable filter.
The Sam Villa Light Salon Professional Ionic Blow Dryer is a high-quality hair-dryer that is being preferred by most hairdressers and stylists because of its high-performance.
In fact, this hairdryer delivers a powerful airflow yet it’s very quiet and lightweight when compared to other professional-hairdryers on the market.
On the other hand, the Sam Villa Light Salon Professional Ionic Blow Dryer is equipped with ceramic/tourmaline ionic technology which helps to enhance on the users hair-look by adding volume, bounce and shine while eliminating static and hair-frizz for a smoother and sleek finish.
Additionally, this hairdryer features a curved comfort-grip handle that helps to keep your hand in an ergonomic position during usage thus reducing on muscle strain.
On top of that, this hairdryer is designed with 3 heat-settings and 2 speed-settings inorder to allow the user achieve the best blow-drying results depending on his hair-type while the cool-shot button enables the user to dry hair using only cold-air and the 9-foot memory-resistant cord provides the user with enough room during usage and it doesn’t even tangle or twist when the blow-dryer is under operation.
Lastly, this hairdryer also features a removable filter that unlocks easily inorder to facilitate for effortless cleaning. All in all, this hairdryer is just the right styling-tool for women with curly, thick, coarse, fine and fragile or damaged hair.
- A lightweight design: the Sam Villa Light Salon Professional Ionic Blow-Dryer is lightweight whereby it weighs less than 1 pound hence reducing on arm-fatigue during usage. In fact, most salon-professional prefer using this hairdryer because it reduces on muscle-strain because of its lightweight design thus facilitating longer hours of operation.
- It provides hair with a smooth and sleek finish coupled with optimum hair volume: this hairdryer uses the built-in ceramic/tourmaline ionic technology to make hair shiner, smooth and sleek while reducing static and frizz. In fact, using this hairdryer daily will help to enhance your hair looks by adding extra volume, body, and bounce without damaging or over-drying your hair.
- It provides intense power but a quiet airflow: this hairdryer features patented Turbo-Compressor technology that delivers intense power but with a quiet airflow hence resulting in faster drying time.
- A durable and powerful 1750-watt motor: the Sam Villa Light Salon Professional Ionic Blow-Dryer is also equipped with a durable and powerful 1750-watt motor that produces more airflow and speed while using less power than most 1875-watt and above blow-dryers available on the market today.
- An ergonomic handle: this hairdryer is equipped with a curved, comfort-grip handle that helps to place your hand in an ergonomically correct position reducing on muscle-strain within your arms/hands thus enabling professional hairstylists to comfortably use this hairdryer all day.
- It includes 2 high-performance, rotating concentrator nozzles: a hairdryer comes with 2 rotating concentrator nozzles that help to deliver optimum hair-drying results. In fact, the wide 3-inch nozzle helps to long thick hair by expanding the width of the airflow resulting in faster drying time while the thinner 2.5-inch nozzle helps to target the airflow where you want to achieve a polished and shiny look.
- It features 3 heat settings and 2-speed settings: the Sam Villa Light Salon Professional Ionic Blow-Dryer is also designed with 3 heat settings and 2-speed settings to choose from and these actually enable the user to acquire the best hair-drying results depending on their hair type.
- A cool shot button: the hairdryer also features a simple, press-and-hold cool-shot button that enables the user to easily dry hair using only cold air thus protecting hair from any damage or side effects that may have been caused by using heat during the drying process.
- A long 9-foot, memory-resistant cord: this hairdryer is equipped with a Professional-length, 9-foot, memory-resistant cord that does not twist or tangle during usage. In fact, this cord will enable the hairstylist to easily hold the hairdryer for longer hours without experiencing any disturbances.
- A removable air filter: the Sam Villa Light Salon Professional Ionic Blow-Dryer features a removable air filter that can be easily opened/unlocked in order to facilitate quick and effortless cleaning.
- A Giant deep-bowl diffuser: this hairdryer is provided with a giant deep-bowl diffuser that helps to reduce hair frizz while maintaining the natural curls and waves within your hair.
- It’s a little expensive: the Sam Villa Light Salon Professional Ionic Blow-Dryer is actually a bit expensive when compared with other hairdryers within its range on the market. However, the Sam Villa Light Salon Professional Ionic Blow-Dryer is worth it because it’s equipped with some of the best features that are hard to find in other professional hairdryers.
Centrix 5000 Power Hair Dryer
- High and low-speed settings.
- A strong and quiet AC motor.
- A cool-shot button.
- An extra-long, 9-foot cord.
- A lightweight design.
- An ergonomic handle.
- Fully-warranted through Cricket.
- Superior air-propulsion.
The Centrix 5000 Power Hair-Dryer is an incredible hair drying and styling tool that produces 25% more air than any other leading hairdryers on the market.
In fact, this hairdryer produces currents of up to 50-mph which are actually equal to currents produced by gale-force winds thus leading to a faster hair-drying time.
On top of that, this hairdryer is equipped with a strong and quiet AC-motor that provides both high and low speeds when drying hair for results while the integrated cool-shot button helps the user to dry-up hair using only cool-air thus protecting hair from any damages that may be caused by heat.
On the other hand, this hairdryer is equipped with a long 9-foot cord that provides the user with enough room when drying-up her hair while its ergonomic-handle facilitates for a firm and comfortable grip hence enabling you to use this hairdryer for longer-hours without experiencing any fatigue in the hands or arms.
- Faster drying time: this hairdryer actually uses superior air-propulsion technology to produce air currents of up to 50mph which are actually equal to currents of gale-force winds thus facilitating faster drying time. In fact, this hairdryer produces 25% more air than any other professional hairdryer thus making it a perfect choice for people with long and thick hair that takes longer to dry.
- A powerful and quiet AC motor: the Centrix 5000 Power Hair Dryer is also equipped with a powerful and quiet AC motor with 1600-to-1800 watts in order to facilitate a superior air-propulsion force that ensures your hair dries up quickly. In fact, this motor is very quiet whereby it will give you optimum peace of mind when blow-drying your hair.
- An extra-long cord: the Centrix 5000 Power Hair Dryer features an extra-long, 9-foot cord that enables the user to blow-dry hair away from the power source and even enables a person to use the hairdryer conveniently in certain areas like the bathroom and a lot more.
- A lightweight design: this hairdryer actually weighs about 21.4oz and this actually makes it lightweight compared to most hairdryers on the market. so, its lightweight design will enable you to use this hairdryer for a longer period of time without experiencing any hand fatigue thus making the Centrix 5000 Power Hair Dryer a perfect tool for use in salons by professional hair stylists.
- A high and low-speed setting: this hairdryer also features a high to low speed setting that facilitates controlled drying and styling of hair. This implies that you will be capable of setting this hairdryer to a desired speed or heat setting depending on your hair type in order to achieve the best hair-drying results.
- An ergonomic handle: the Centrix 5000 Power Hair Dryer features an ergonomic handle that provides the user with a firm and comfortable grip while drying up the hair. in fact, this ergonomic handle helps to minimize on hand-fatigue especially when blow-drying hair for longer hours.
- A cool-shot button: it’s also equipped with a cool-shot button that can be easily pressed in order to start drying hair using only cool air thus protecting your hair from any damage that may have been caused by heat-drying. In fact, the cool-shot feature is very important for people with very delicate hair that can easily get frizzy and brittle.
- It’s a bit expensive: the Centrix 5000 Power Hair Dryer is a bit expensive when compared with other hairdryers in its range although it gives off a superior air-propulsion that helps to reduce hair drying time.
- It may not include a Hair-diffuser and other accessories: this hair dryer is actually sold alone and if you need other extra attachments like a hair-diffuser then you may need to pay an extra price thus making the entire unit a bit costly.
RUSK Engineering Speed Freak Professional 2000 Watt Dryer
- A 2000-watt AC motor.
- Multiple heat/speed settings.
- Ceramic and tourmaline heating technology.
- Far-infrared heating technology.
- An ergonomically designed handle.
- A cold-shot button.
- A diffuser attachment is included.
The RUSK Engineering Speed Freak Professional is high-performance hair-dryer that has been equipped with a 2000watt AC-motor that is very powerful coupled with ceramic and tourmaline technology that emits far-infrared heat inorder to penetrate your hair from the inside-out thus leading to faster drying-time while eliminating hair frizz and static.
Additionally, the RUSK Engineering Speed Freak Professional hairdryer is equipped with several heat/speed setting that enable the user to achieve effective hair-drying results depending on their hair-type while its ergonomic-design facilitates for easy handling and optimum-comfort hence allowing you to this hairdryer for longer periods of time.
All in all, the RUSK Engineering Speed Freak Professional is a perfectly balanced hairdryer that will reduce on drying-time of your hair.
- Reduced hair-drying time: the RUSK Engineering Speed Freak Professional 2000-Watt Dryer uses far-infrared heat coupled with natural ions to significantly reduce the hair's drying time and this actually makes it a perfect styling tool for people with long, thick hair that takes longer to get dry.
- It enhances the vitality of hair: this hairdryer is infused with ceramic and tourmaline technology which emits natural irons that help to enhance the vitality of your hair while reducing the hair's drying time.
- It eliminates static and frizz within hair: since the RUSK Engineering Speed Freak Professional 2000 Watt Dryer uses far-infrared heat to penetrate the hair and dry it from the inside out, this will actually help to eliminate static and frizz within hair hence leading to optimum hair-drying results.
- A power AC-motor: the RUSK Engineering Speed Freak Professional 2000 Watt Dryer is also equipped with a powerful 2000watt AC-motor which provides optimum power in order to dry up your hair faster than ever before.
- Multiple heat/speed settings: this hairdryer also features multiple heat/speed settings that enable the user to select a heat/speed level that is appropriate to their hair type thus leading to effective hair-drying results.
- An ergonomically designed handle: the RUSK Engineering Speed Freak Professional 2000 Watt Dryer features a perfectly balanced handle that is ergonomically shaped in order to provide the user with optimum comfort when drying up her hair. in fact, with such an ergonomic handle you won’t experience any hand fatigue even when using this hair dryer for a longer period of time.
- A cold-shot feature: this hairdryer is also equipped with a cold-shot button that can be easily pressed in order to dry up hair using only cold air thus making the RUSK Engineering Speed Freak Professional 2000 Watt Dryer a perfect styling tool for people-sensitive hair that requires less or no heat during the styling-process.
- A lightweight design: this hairdryer also features a sleek, lightweight design that enables a person to easily hold and use this hairdryer for long periods of time without experiencing any fatigue within the arms or hands. This actually makes the RUSK Engineering Speed Freak Professional 2000 Watt Dryer perfect for use in saloons that operate all day and on daily basis.
- Its nozzle is slightly narrow: the RUSK Engineering Speed Freak Professional 2000 Watt Dryer features a slightly narrow nozzle when compared with other hairdryers on the market. However, this can be solved by increasing the heat/speed settings in order to achieve faster hair-drying results.
- The control buttons are poorly positioned: the on/off and hi/low control buttons are poorly positioned whereby you may need to use both hands to adjust them while another hairdryer may require only one hand in order to make any adjustments when blow-drying hair.
- It’s a bit loud: this hairdryer is also a bit loud when compared with other professional-grade hairdryers on the market. However, this may not bother some people but it can also be irritating thing to other people.
Xtava 2200 Watt Hair Dryer
- A 2200-watt professional-grade motor.
- A Lightweight frame.
- Tourmaline-Ionic-Ceramic Technology.
- 2-speed settings and 3 heat settings.
- A Cool-shot button.
- An 8.2-inch, 360° swivel-cord.
- An Orchid-Diffuser and concentrator-nozzle.
Xtava 2200 Watt Hair-Dryer is a high-performance, salon-quality hairdryer that is provided with a large Orchid hair-diffuser that is designed to tame your curls and waves while maintaining the natural-texture of your hair and reducing on frizz.
Additionally, this hairdryer uses 360-Degree airflow with advanced 3D-grips inorder to simultaneously diffuse harsh heat, protect your hair-strands and to reduce on the time spent on styling hair.
The tourmaline-ionic-ceramic technology helps to cut the hair drying-time by half whereby the produced negative-ions help to quickly dissipate water-molecules while sealing and smoothening the hair-cuticles for added hair-volume and extra-shine.
On the other hand, this hairdryer is features 2 speed-settings and 3-heat settings that are designed to work on different hair-types while the integrated cold-shot button enables the diffuser to give-off only cold-air thus protecting your hair from any heat damage.
Lastly, the Xtava 2200 Watt Hair-Dryer is equipped with a long 8.2-inch 360 swivel-cord that enables the user to easily hold and turn the dryer when blow-drying hair while its lightweight design helps to eliminate hand fatigue especially when blow-drying hair for longer-hours.
- A Powerful 2200-watt professional motor: the Xtava-hairdryer features a strong 2200-watt professional, salon-quality motor that facilitates for professional-styling at an affordable price while at home.
- A lightweight frame: the Xtava 2200 Watt Hair-Dryer features a lightweight frame that weighs only 1 lb hence allowing the user to easily hold this hairdryer for longer hours while blow-drying hair. In fact, its lightweight design even helps to eliminate hand fatigue while blow-drying hair for extended periods of time.
- It cuts hair drying time by 80%: the Xtava 2200 Watt Hair Dryer uses ionic-ceramic technology to cut the hair drying time by 80% with the help of negative ions that quickly dissipate water molecules from the inside-out.
- It helps to seal and smoothen hair cuticles: the Xtava 2200 Watt Hair-Dryer produces negative ions that help to seal in moisture while smoothening the hair cuticles hence increasing hair volume coupled with optimum shine.
- A long 360-degree swivel-cord: the Xtava 2200 Watt Hair-Dryer features a long 8.2-inch, 360-degree swivel-cord that allows a person to easily move the hairdryer to all sections of the head hence facilitating optimum hair-drying results.
- Multiple heat and speed settings: this hairdryer is actually equipped with 2-speed settings and 3 heat settings in order to allow the user to select a speed and heat setting that meets their hair type for best blow-drying results.
- A cool-shot button: the Xtava 2200 Watt Hair-Dryer features an inbuilt cool-shot button which when pressed allows the hairdryer to give off only cold air thus protecting your hair from heat-drying that may cause conditions like; hair-frizz, brittleness and lot more.
- It helps to tame curls and waves within hair: the Xtava 2200 Watt Hair Dryer is provided with a large orchid hair diffuser that helps to tame your curls and waves while maintaining the natural hair texture as you blow-dry.
- A 360 Degree-Airflow: this hairdryer actually uses advanced 3D grips to simultaneously diffuse harsh heat and protect your hair strands while blow-drying and styling your hair.
- Tourmaline technology: this hairdryer actually uses tourmaline technology to protect your hair cuticles from overheating the guarding hair from any heat damage.
- Easy to orchid-diffuser and concentrator-nozzle: this hairdryer includes an orchid-diffuser and concentrator-nozzle which have been designed to perfectly fit onto the nozzle of the hairdryer. In fact, you just have to twist and push the opening of the diffuser attachment onto the hairdryer nozzle until it securely sits in place. In fact, this combo set is designed to tame your curls and control your waves so that you can achieve a fabulous hairstyle.
- The control buttons are conveniently positioned: the control buttons on this hairdryer are not conveniently positioned and they may disturb you while making any adjustments. For example, you may need to use both hands to make any required adjustments and this is a bit inconvenient when compared with other hairdryers that require just one hand to make any adjustments while blow-drying hair.
WarmLife 2000W Professional Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer
- A 2000Watt Salon-quality AC motor.
- A Built-in negative-ion transmitter.
- A High-temperature resistance, nylon shell.
- A professional air outlet.
- A chrome-coating.
- A Heat-equalization feature.
- Advanced noise-reduction technology.
- 2 Speed-Settings.
- 3 Heat-Settings.
- A cold-shot button.
- Anti-leakage Plug.
- An 8.69-foot long cord.
- A removable Air Filter.
- Diffuser attachment and 2-nozzle attachments.
The WarmLife is a 2000Watt, Professional Ionic-Ceramic Hair Dryer that was designed to distribute heat evenly over a large-section of hair while facilitating for quick hair drying-time.
In fact, this hairdryer gives-off Blu-ray negative-ions that feature hair-moisturizing properties which make you hair shiny, lock-in moisture, close hair-cuticles and even facilitate for thorough heat-penetration into the hair-core.
On the other hand, this hairdryer features 2-speeds and 3 heat-settings that are very easy to control inorder to achieve professional styling-versatility for different hair-types.
In fact, a high-heat setting is appropriate for thick and coarse hair while low-heat settings are suitable for thin and fragile hair.
Additionally, this hairdryer features an ergonomic non-slip handle that provides you with a comfortable-grip while its long, super-thick cord is very flexible and heavily insulated to protect you from dangers of electric-shock.
Lastly, the WarmLife 2000W Professional Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer is very durable yet its designed to provide the user with high-performance results while blowing-drying hair.
- Reduced hair-drying time: the WarmLife 2000W Professional Ionic Ceramic Hair-Dryer features a built-in ion transmitter that generates over 20 million negative ions every second in order to speed up the drying process while protecting your hair against frizz and heat damage.
- It makes hair shiny, moist, and healthy: this hairdryer also uses Blu-ray anions that feature moist-hair conservation features in order to make your hair extra-shiny while locking-in moisture and ensuring optimum heat-penetration to the hair core.
- A High-temperature resistant frame: the WarmLife 2000W Professional Ionic Ceramic Hair-Dryer actually features a durable, nylon shell/frame that is very thick whereby which makes it heat-resistant, flame-retardant, and drop-resistant.
- A thermal sensing system: this hairdryer features an overheated resistor inside which helps to automatically stop the dryer if a defined heat temperature is reached thus protecting the user from getting burnt in case something unusual happens when blow-drying hair.
- A powerful and quiet 2000-watt AC motor: the WarmLife Professional Ionic Ceramic Hair-Dryer is equipped with a salon-quality 2000-watt AC motor that is very powerful and long-lasting than DC-Motors. On top of that, this motor features advanced noise-reduction technology which helps the hairdryer to operate quietly while blow-drying hair thus providing the user with a more conducive environment.
- Multiple heat and speed settings: the WarmLife 2000W Professional Ionic Ceramic Hair-Dryer features 2-speed settings and 3 heat settings that facilitate optimum styling control depending on your hair texture and length. In fact, this hairdryer features easy-to-flick switches that facilitate for quick and easy adjustments of heat/speed settings. On the other hand, the high heat/speed settings will work perfectly on thick and long hair while low heat/speed settings will work perfectly on delicate and fine hair but of all lengths.
- A cold-shot button: this hairdryer is equipped with a cold-shot button that gives off a blast of cold air only while blow-drying hair hence protecting your hair from any damage that may be caused by heat-drying.
- A removable air filter: the WarmLife 2000W Professional Ionic-Ceramic Hair Dryer features a removable air filter that can be easily removed in order to remove any dirt or hair particles stuck in the air duct thus keeping the dryer working efficiently and effectively. Lastly, this removable filter is very easy-to-clean and durable.
- A long 8.69-foot cord: this hairdryer is equipped with a long, 8.69-foot long cord that is very flexible in order to provide the user with ultimate convenience while blow-drying hair. In fact, this hairdryer will be perfect for hairdressers and professional hairstylists in salons.
- An Anti-leakage plug: the WarmLife 2000W Professional Ionic Ceramic Hair-Dryer is equipped with a protective plug that automatically shuts down if there is any short-circuiting thus ensuring your safety when blow-drying hair.
- A diffuser attachment: this hairdryer is provided with a diffuser attachment that facilitates even heat distribution in order to help you achieve a natural and voluminous look especially if you’re having curly or wavy hair.
- 2 nozzle attachments: these nozzle attachments facilitate faster hair-drying results. In fact, the small nozzle attachment is designed to shape straight hair as you blow-dry it.
- It’s costly: the hairdryer is actually a bit costly when compared with other professional hairdryers in its range. However, it’s worth the price tag because it’s very powerful and it even comes with several useful attachments.
WHY OPT FOR LIGHTWEIGHT HAIRDRYERS?
In case you have long thick hair then you should consider investing in a lightweight hairdryer for the best blow-drying results.
In fact, even with a high-wattage hairdryer, drying hair can still be a laborious or tiresome task even for a short period of time.
So, invest in a lightweight hairdryer that is very easy to hold for a longer period of time without building-up muscles in the process.
However, most powerful hairdryers are heavy and lightweight travel-sized hairdryers usually don’t provide the high wattage that is required to dry up thick hair.
All in all, consider getting a powerful hairdryer that weighs about 400 grams to 600 grams but with an impressive wattage of about 2000 watts and above for best results when drying up the thick hair.
WHAT HAIR DRYER WATTAGE TO LOOK FOR?
If you have thick hair, then you should know that it a long-time to get dry because you will have to work on a lot of hair and on section by section which is actually time-consuming. so, investing in a professional hairdryer with higher wattage will help you achieve quicker and more effective blow-drying results.
In fact, considering the wattage of a hairdryer is a very important aspect because it helps to indicate the power of the airflow. So, the stronger the airflow, the less time it will take to dry up your hair and vice-versa.
On top of that, a high wattage also implies that you can use a lower temperature to dry up your thick hair thus keeping healthy and away from heat damage.
However, it can be very tempting to set the hairdryer to a maximum heat setting when you’re in a hurry but high temperatures can actually cause severe damage to your hair leading to hair frizz and other unhealthy conditions within the hair.
All in all, consider getting and using a powerful hairdryer with a power wattage of about 2000 watts and above for the best results when drying up the thick hair.
IONIC OR CERAMIC HAIRDRYER - WHAT IS THE BEST FOR THICK HAIR?
You should actually consider using an ionic hairdryer on your thick hair in order to reduce the drying time and to make your hair look very sleek and shiny.
In fact, ionic hairdryers produce negative ions that help to break down water molecules which hair for faster-drying results while keeping hair healthy since they are less reliant on heat.
Additionally, ionic hairdryers can also be used at lower-temperature and still dry-up hair quickly without causing any frizz within hair like most traditional-hairdryers hence making ionic hairdryers perfect drying and styling tools for people with thick hair.
On the other hand, ceramic hairdryers are also good because they help to distribute heat evenly within hair while regulating temperatures and this helps actually helps to minimize on heat-damage while facilitating for efficient drying of thick hair.
However, you may consider acquiring a hairdryer with a combination of ionic and ceramic technologies in one tool in order to achieve effective hair-drying results while working on your thick hair.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A HAIRDRYER FOR THICK HAIR?
- A High Wattage: a hairdryer with a high-wattage motor gives off more wind power and will even cut down on your drying or styling time without exposing hair to excessive heat. In fact, if the hairdryer motor has a weaker wattage then it will just produce more heat and less wind hence exposing your hair to excessive heat levels that can be very damaging. So, consider buying and using a hairdryer with a wattage of about 1800-to-2000 or even higher in order to achieve effective hair-drying results especially if you have thick hair. In fact, hairdryers with a higher wattage don’t burn out as quickly as low-wattage hairdryers.
- Ionic or tourmaline drying technology: hairdryers that are equipped with ionic technology actually shoot negative ions over wet hair that is positively charged thus speeding up the drying time of your thick hair. In fact, ionic hairdryers are more effective at busting up and scattering water droplets over the hair shafts thus preventing them from soaking in since this can cause hair frizz. Additionally, ionic hairdryers also help to close hair cuticles and to remove moisture from hair thus giving it a sleeker and more polished look. On the other hand, tourmaline hairdryers are more like Ionics on steroids whereby their inside sections are coated with a semi-precious mineral that throws more negative ions into hair's best drying and styling results but tourmaline-hairdryers are a bit expensive compared to ionic-hairdryers.
- A ceramic and porcelain coating: Ceramics or porcelain can be used to coat the hairdryer's metal or plastic heating elements and other internal components in order to make the heat more consistent in temperature but less harsh on hair. In fact, ceramic or porcelain hairdryers also emit negative ions in order to speed up the drying process and to make hair shiner, smooth and frizz-free.
- Infrared technology: a hairdryer equipped with infrared technology actually uses longer energy wavelengths to penetrate hair in order to dry it from the inside out thus making such a hairdryer perfect for use on thick hair.
- Titanium technology: titanium helps to distribute heat evenly and to keep temperatures steady while drying hair. Additionally, titanium is a bit lighter in weight than ceramic and this actually implies that a titanium hairdryer will work perfectly for people with thick/long hair that requires a lot of drying time. However, a titanium hairdryer shouldn’t be used on thin hair that is prone to heat damage.
- Weight of the hairdryer: in case it takes more than 20 minutes to dry or blow out your thick hair, then consider choosing a lightweight hairdryer so that you don’t wear out your arms during the hair-drying process. In fact, most professional-grade hairdryers can be very heavy because they contain solid components and this implies that they will tire out your arms if you’re blow-drying for a longer period of time. So, it’s recommended to get a lightweight hairdryer with titanium-ionic technology for the best results when drying up your long, thick hair.
- A cold button: a hairdryer that is equipped with a cool button will actually help to dry up your hair using only cold air in order to seal in the hair cuticles thus locking in your style while enhancing hair shine.
- Adjustable heat settings: In order to dry up your thick hair more efficiently, a lower heat setting will get the job done well with less damage to the hair. However, if your hair is very long and thick then you may need to set your hairdryer at a slightly higher heat temperature for the best blow-drying results.
- Additional accessories: you should actually buy a hairdryer with extra accessories that can be used during the drying and styling process. These extra accessories may include; a diffuser attachment for a perfect blowout on thick hair and a concentrator nozzle that helps to direct heat to the hair roots for a faster and smoother blow-out.
- Cord-length of the hairdryer: a hairdryer that is equipped with a long cord of about 8-to-10 feet will actually enable you to easily reach all sections of your long thick-hair easily while a hairdryer with a short cord can be disturbing when blow-drying your thick-hair. however, a long cord can also me the hairdryer heavier and this implies that you will need to get a hairdryer with a lightweight long cord for the best hair-drying results without wearing out your arms during the process.
Categories: Best Hair Dryers