10 Best Hair Dryers For Women
It is okay to blow dry your hair on a daily basis as long as you are using the right heat protectors to prevent heat damage.
Also Read : How to blow hair step by step guide
All hair dryers use heat to remove excess water from your hair - that is why you have to protect your hair with a premium heat protector before using that hair dryer.
On this list, I have featured some of the ''Best Hair Dryers on the Market'' opt for a model which suits your needs.
10 Best Hair Dryers
- Professional Ionic Dual Ion Generator Hair Dryer - Builds Shine & Volume 1600w, Featherweight - Check price on Amazon******
- Panasonic EH-NA65-K nanoe Hair Dryer, Professional-Quality - Check price on Amazon
- BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium 3000 Dryer - Check price on Amazon
- Professional Salon Grade Negative Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer 1875w Low Noise - Check price on Amazon
- xtava Voluminous Toolkit - Double Shine Ionic Hair Dryer - Check price on Amazon
- RUSK Engineering W8less Professional 2000 Watt Dryer - Check price on Amazon
- BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Dryer - Check price on Amazon
- Infiniti Pro by Conair 1875 Watt Salon Performance AC Motor Styling Tool / Hair Dryer - Check price on Amazon
- BaBylissPRO Porcelain Ceramic Carrera2 Dryer - Check price on Amazon
- Berta Professional Hair Dryer 1875W Negative Ions Hair Blow Dryer - Check price on Amazon
OUR 6 BEST CHOICES In Detail
Professional Ionic Dual Ion Generator Hair Dryer - Builds Shine & Volume 1600w, Featherweight
- 1600 Watts
- On/off switch
- Anti-shock buttons
- A compact footprint
- 2 heat and 3-speed settings
- A unique Dual Ion Generator
- Cool shot button
- Patented ergonomics
- A built-in dryer stand
- 2 different concentrator nozzles
- Lightweight with 12 ounces
- A professional heavy-duty 10-foot cord with a circuit breaker
- 2-year warranty
- 8 x 3.5 x 7.8 inches in dimensions
Professional Ionic Generator Hair Dryer is constructed to perform at 1600 watts which means that it will use much lesser power as you completely dry out your hair regardless of the hair texture.
It contains a unique dual ion generator that contains an on and off switch on it that allows you to turn it on for a sleek silky hair look and you can also turn it off so as to build more volume in the hair.
Another amazing performance of this Professional Ionic Generator Hair Dryer is through the anti-shock buttons that let it be safe always and it is constructed with the ability for it to sit upright over your countertop through its built-in dryer stand.
When holding this dryer you will be very comfortable because of its patented ergonomics and featherweight design that only weighs 12 ounces and yet it is still so powerful.
It also features a professional heavy-duty cord that is up to 10 feet and it contains a circuit breaker.
Finally, another performance of this hair dryer is through the 2 heat and 2-speed settings that let you easily adjust the dryer along with the dual different concentrator nozzles.
- Featherweight design: one of the things we prefer about this Professional Ionic Generator Hair Dryer is that it is constructed with a featherweight design that totals only 12 ounces. This is good in a way that while you are drying your hair, you will not feel the heavy weight on your hands, shoulders, or even arms. This way you will get the work done easily and achieve top perfection.
- Powerful dryer: another pro to this Professional Ionic Generator Hair Dryer is its very powerful nature that will easily dry out the hair regardless of how thick or long it is. And the best part is that even though it's powerful it will not at any point make you feel as if you are in a wind tunnel but rather it is very tender and it will get the job done perfectly.
- Lightweight: this Professional Ionic Generator Hair Dryer only comes with a total weight of 12 ounces which makes it really quite light to carry around or hold it for a longer time as your perfect your style. This small size means you won’t have to leave it behind when traveling since it can fit in any small storage.
- Built-in dryer stand: no more need to worry about where or how to place it because this Professional Ionic Generator Hair Dryer is constructed with a built-in dryer stand that will let it sit upright over the top of your counter either when you place it down while working the hair or even just for storage. This way you won’t have to worry about it getting scratched by the other objects on your counter.
- Loud: if you are searching for a quiet hair dryer then this isn’t the one because unfortunately it is quite really loud to even be heard in the other room and maybe wake up your roommates if you choose to air dry your air in the night or very early morning.
Panasonic EH-NA65-K nanoe Hair Dryer, Professional-Quality
- Nanoe technology
- 1875 Watt power
- A dual airflow Quick-Dry Nozzle
- A full-sized Diffuse
- A Concentrator Nozzle
- 2 speeds and 3 temperature settings
- A removable and easy-clean filter
- A cool-shot button
- A 9-foot rotating power cord
- Measures 4.6 x 13 x 10.1 inches
Panasonic EH-NA65-K Hair Dryer performs by minimizing the damage to hair while enhancing the shine and bettering the smoothness.
It is built with a unique Nanoe technology that is able to take moisture from the air and then create tiny and moisture-rich nanoe particles that are tiny enough to easily penetrate the shafts of the hair and this way strengthen as well as protect it from damage.
Also Read : 10 Best Quiet Hair Dryers (Low Noise)
It does this through the 1875-watt power. This hair dryer also includes three nanoe attachments that will assist accelerate drying as well as add more volume and lessen the frizz.
Its top performance is helped by the 2 hair dryer speeds that include high and low and then also 3 temperature settings that include hot, warm, and cool. The 9 feet power cord is able to make a 360-degree turn and it contains a hanging loop.
- Three professional quality attachments: this Panasonic EH-NA65-K Hair Dryer comes with an attachment that includes 3 tools for styling and final touchups. First is the concentrator nozzle that centers this hair dryer airflow so as to achieve targeted and precision styling, then second is the dual airflow quick-dry nozzle that is created to dry the hair quicker, and finally, the full-sized diffuser that is created to add some volume while combating frizz.
- Removable filter: another pro to this Panasonic EH-NA65-K Hair Dryer are the removable filters that will allow you to speedily and thoroughly clean the hair dryer’s filter so as to assist you to maintain the dryer in a condition that has a peak performance always.
- Long power cord: the power cord that is on this Panasonic EH-NA65-K Hair Dryer is fortunately very long in size measuring up to 9 feet in length. This means that you can even sit upright and properly dry your hair without feeling like the power cord is restricting you by being too short. You will be very comfortable without having to bend down close to the socket to blow dry your hair but rather let it reach every part of your head while you sit or stand upright.
- 1875 power watt: another pro to this Panasonic EH-NA65-K Hair Dryer is that it comes with a whopping 1875 power watt which is very important because it means you can use it from any part of the world. The other advantage is that you will have a much shorter drying time as compared to the other dryers with a less power watt than this.
- Only great for women with straight hair: one of the cons to this hair dryer is that if you have wavy hair and you would like it to remain that way then this dryer will straighten it by eliminating the waves. It has been designed with a very strong power that is able to completely straighten the hair in that you might not even require a curling iron after drying out the hair. So if you love your waves then you will have to think twice before you choose this hair dryer.
BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium 3000 Dryer
- 6 heat/ speed settings
- A tourmaline titanium technology
- 1900 watt dryer
- 9-foot-long power cord
- A cool shoot button
- Comfortable grip
- Non-slip dryer with rubberized finish
- Weight of 2.2 ounces
- Measurements of 4 x 8.8 x 11.2 inches
BaBylissPRO 3000 Dryer is built with a tourmaline titanium technology that is able to emit millions of ions so as to provide the user with an incredible hair shine and it also has a far-infrared heat that is much faster when it comes to drying and styling the hair but at the same time very gentle on the hair.
So this hair dryer comes with the highest number of heat and speed settings as compared to the first two reviews in this article. Well, it contains up to 6 heat/speed settings that let you adjust to the perfect setting for styling or drying.
Its finish has been rubberized to make it nonslip even when used with wet hands. It operates at a 1900-watt power capacity making it reliable. The cord measures up to 9 feet long.
At only 2.2 ounces, we can say that this BaBylissPRO 3000 Dryer is actually of low weight making it easy for you to work with it for a longer time.
The power cord measures up to 9 feet long which means you don’t have to be close to the power outlet to get your hair done but rather sit upright or stand and it will still reach you.
- Comfortable grip: if a dryer contains a comfortable grip then it means that you will perfect your styling and drying. This is because you will have very minimal stress on the hands as well as the wrist allowing you to use it for a longer time. It’s for that reason that this BaBylissPRO 3000 Dryer is one of our favorites. Another importance of this kind of grip is that it will the dryer will remain in your hands while you are drying the hair regardless of the condition of your palms. You know sometimes you might be using oil in the hair and the palms might be slippery but It will not fall off because of the comfortable grip it is built with that is in regards to the quality material used.
- Cold shot button: this BaBylissPRO 3000 Hair Dryer contains another pro of having a cool shot button which is very important because it will assist help seal the cuticle of the hair so that the hair will not easily get damaged. This kind of feature however though serves the main purpose of maintaining the style that you have just placed in your hair.
- Multiple speed and heat settings: this tourmaline titanium technology is actually the only hair dryer that you will find in this article with the highest number of speed and heat settings. To be precise it contains up to 6 heat and speed settings which means that you get to choose from multiple depending on how you would like to dry or style your hair.
- Attractive design: this BaBylissPRO 3000 Hair Dryer has been constructed with a very beautiful design that will let you notice it first from a distance as compared to the other appliances alongside it. Talk of a star shining so bright among the rest. it is colored red and this is not only a very girly color but it will also brighten your countertop when you place it there. Its something you won’t get tired of admiring
- Easily gets scratched: one of the things we didn’t like about this hair dryer is that even if it contains a beautiful red finish, it isn’t very durable and will easily get scratched especially if you don’t handle it so well.
Professional Salon Grade Negative Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer 1875w Low Noise
- long-life AC motor
- Direct ION Technology
- Far Infrared function
- 2 speed (HIGH/LOW)
- 3 heat (HOT/COOL/WARM) settings
- 1875W professional Long life AC motor
- Quiet operation
- 11 x 3.5 x 8.3 inches dimensions
- 4 pounds in weight
Professional Salon Grade Ceramic Hair Dryer performs while using a very long life-AC motor with 1875 Watt which has the ability to provide a quiet operation so that you have a peaceful hair drying even late at night.
Another thing about the performance of this powerful motor is that it has the capacity to lessen the amount of time for drying allowing you even dry out your hair in the rush hours so you always look perfect.
It has a negative ion and far infrared function that is able to make the hair a lot more beautiful and with minimal damage.
There are two-speed settings which are the high and the low and then the heat settings are three and include the hot, cool, and warm settings that are able to provide complete drying and styling with a lot of flexibility.
At only 2.4 pounds in weight and 11 x 3.5 x 8.3 inches in dimensions, you will always have a comfortable hold with a featherweight design that won’t cause strain to the hands, arms, and shoulders.
- Direct ION technology: this Professional Salon Grade Ceramic Hair Dryer is built with a direct ion technology that is able to produce the negative ions that are responsible for assisting to condition and soften the hair while minimizing frizz and even shine in the hair. This way you will have silky smooth and very manageable hair at the end
- Quiet operation: if you have used a really loud hair dryer before then you will totally appreciate the value of using a hair dryer with a quiet operation like this Professional Salon Grade Ceramic Hair Dryer. Am not saying that it is 100% quiet but it is quiet enough to let you have a conversation with another person while drying your hair. This quietness is attributed to the high-quality long-life AC motor that is used to run it.
- 3 heat settings: one of the other reasons to love this Professional Salon Grade Ceramic Hair Dryer is the 3 heat settings that are found on it. These three heat settings are divided into the hot heat setting, the cool heat setting, and the warm heat setting. This way you can easily adjust to the preferred heat setting while using the easy-to-use button that is suitably located on it.
- Dual speed settings: another reason to love this Professional Salon Grade Ceramic Hair Dryer are the two-speed settings that it is able to operate along with. These dual-speed settings are broken down into high-speed settings and low-speed settings. So you can choose one according to what your styling or drying need is at the moment. This makes it better than the other hair dryers on the market that only have a single and fixed speeding setting.
- Poor location of the on/off button: the only thing we didn’t like about this Professional Salon Grade Ceramic Hair Dryer is that the on/off is located poorly because you can easily turn it off or on accidentally while you dry your hair. It is actually located in the place that you are usually holding while using the dryer which means that if not held well or if you shift your hand then you will accidentally turn it off or on
xtava Voluminous Toolkit - Double Shine Ionic Hair Dryer
- 2 ion settings
- 1800 watt
- 3-speed settings
- Cool shot button
- Smart features
- 3-inch natural boar bristle
- Nylon bristle brush
- Advanced ionic technology
xtava Voluminous Toolkit Hair Dryer comes with a performance that has an innovative setting first is the dual ion settings that let you switch the ion settings to 2 so as to achieve a sleek and silky blowout or even down so as to have more texture and volume.
This way when you dry your hair, it will look like it was done by a professional. Then there is the perfect hair switch that lets you switch the P setting to 1 for a turbo speed while at a medium heat setting that is ideal for everyday styling.
Also Read : 10 Best Hair Dryer For Thick Hair
It also features an advanced ionic technology that is able to cut short the drying time by 80% with the 2 ion settings that will quickly dissipate the water molecules and lessen frizz.
It operates with 3 adjustable speed settings and also a cool shot button that is able to completely lock in the style you have created. The nylon bristle brush has been constructed with high-quality bristles that are very gentle on the hair and will lift it up smoothly from the roots to the tips making the hair tangle or break.
- Smart features: this xtava Voluminous Toolkit Hair Dryer has been built with smart features that include the ‘P’ that is designed for perfect hair. To get that you will have to switch this on to get the turbo speed that contains a medium heat that is ideal for styling on an everyday basis and it will protect your hair from damages caused by constantly heating it.
- Dual bristle design: another pro to this xtava Voluminous Toolkit Hair Dryer is the double bristle body brush attached to it that features a dual bristle design on it. This is an extended nylon quill that will detangle the hair from the roots to the tips and on the other hand, the boar bristles are able to distribute the hair’s natural oils and smooth the cuticle. This way the end results will be healthy, shiny hair with volume.
- Unique design: one of the most beautiful things about this xtava Voluminous Toolkit Hair Dryers is its beautiful design which is so eye-catching and believe me or not it’s the first thing that will get you interested in knowing more about it. It is basically a combination of black and golden brown that provides it with that unique design. This design is very classy and for the woman that is high fashion and it will even beautify your cabinet as the design mixes with the rest of the others found in the room.
- Quiet heavy: unfortunately this gorgeous xtava Voluminous Toolkit Hair Dryer is quite heavy in design and this means that you will be uncomfortable while you are using it especially when you have very long hair. You will be uncomfortable in a way that due to its heavy weight, you will feel the load on your arms especially and then the shoulders. So instead of you taking your time to perfect the hair, this burden might cut down the drying process when the hair is not completely dry for a perfect style. This makes it even worse especially when you are a professional hair stylist and have to lift it all day to work on different clients. It might make you hate your job in the beginning but eventually, you will get used to the weight and find it normal and comfortable.
Infiniti Pro by Conair 1875 Watt Salon Performance AC Motor Styling Tool / Hair Dryer
- Ceramic and ionic technology
- 1875 motor watt
- Removable filter
- 3 heat settings and 2-speed setting
- Concentrator attachment and diffuser attachment
- 8 pounds in weight
- 8 x 11.6 x 9.4 inches in dimensions
Infiniti Pro by Conair Styling Tool / Hair Dryer lets you always have a flawless style every single time you use it.
This is because it is an advanced styling tool that features a powerful ac motor that is able to provide an influential airflow so as to bring about fast drying and longer life that is up to 3 times longer.
Furthermore, ceramic technology that makes use of infrared heat is able to smoothly dry the hair and minimize the damage.
Also Read : 10 Best Travel Hair Dryers With Dual Voltage
On the other hand, the ionic technology will leave the hair very shiny and smooth with up to 70% less frizz. You will find 3 heat settings and 2-speed settings on it to provide you with customer heat and airflow control.
As for the true cold shit button, it will assist you to lock in the waves, curls, and even style. The filter can be easily removed so as to prevent spoiling the lint buildup and make the motor life more durable.
Finally, this Infiniti Pro by Conair Styling Tool / Hair Dryer contains a concentrator attachment for pinpoint styling and also diffuser attachments to assist enhance the curls and waves.
- Removable filter: one of the great pros associated with this Infiniti Pro by Conair Styling Tool / Hair Dryer is that it contains a filter that can be easily removed so as to let you have simple maintenance. This way you will be able to prevent damaging lint buildup and even the life of the motor will take longer than the other hair dryers without removable filters
- True cold shot button: if you are worried about losing your style, curls, or waves while using this Infiniti Pro by Conair Styling Tool / Hair Dryer then you ought not to be. This is because this hair dryer contains a feature known as the true cold shot button that will perfectly lock in all the curls, waves, and styles so you look amazing all day long.
- Ceramic and ionic technology: the fact that this Infiniti Pro by Conair Styling Tool / Hair Dryer is already a good thing. This is because this kind of material is able to heat very fast and thereby allows you to have a lesser drying time regardless of how thick your hair is. The heat will be powerful but gentle on the hair because you won’t really need to apply any protective oil because the ions will emit both the negative and positive ions and thereby the end result being a shorter and quicker drying time as compared to when using the traditional dryers.
- Pretty loud: one of the bad sides to this Infiniti Pro by Conair Styling Tool / Hair Dryer is that it is unfortunately quite loud and that means if you are looking for a quiet moment while drying your hair then it will not be possible with this tool. The kind of loudness that this hair dryer might necessitate you to purchase a noise protector especially if you are sensitive to noise or if you have some hearing complications.
Is it good to use a hair dryer?
Most hair specialists recommend Ionic hair dryers for daily use - simply because they provide the least damage by removing water from your hair without the use of heat.
There are new models on the market that use very little heat - however these cost more than those which use too much heat - so do your revision when shopping for a hair dryer for daily usage.
What is an Ionic Hair Dryer & How Does It Work?
First, we have to know what the term ‘IONIC’ means, and then that way we shall know the real definition of an ionic hair dryer.
So basically straight up an ion is a charged component that a chemical can be broken down into and that can have a negative or a positive charge.
Now you should be aware that your hair contains both the negative and the positively charged places on it that assist some hair care products to work better and the water that is in the wet hair is positive.
Also Read : 10 Best Hair Straighteners / Flat Irons
Edward Borish, Ph.D., a chemist in Columbus, Ohio states that the ionic dryers that emit negative ions are able to cause globs of H2O molecules to divide into smaller particles that will evaporate faster.
This way the end results will be less frying time. The conditioners contain positively-charged ingredients that are able to attach themselves to the negatively charged sites that are on your hair letting them remain there and treating the hair thus strengthening it.
As you can see above, the ions might assist help the styling products that you are using to operate better and that is how you achieve the best results.
Also Read : 10 Best Hair Dryers For Frizzy Hair
In conclusion, you should know that there are some higher-end and more costly appliances that are using materials like tourmaline and ceramic that will heat up faster and then even get hotter as compared to the traditional appliance.
These ionic appliances also have the ability to assist the water evaporating faster and thus shorter dry time which is less damaging to the hair.
On the other hand, if you make use of heat-protecting products and you don’t mind the amount of drying time then you can surely get yourself a quality hair appliance without spending much.
Also Read : Best Affordable Hair Dryers
How do you dry your hair?
Now I know you might be surprised but yes there are some techniques by which you should dry your hair so that you don’t end up damaging it instead. So if you are one of those people that are tired of not doing it right like having wet patches and so on then check out how to dry your hair in these simple steps below;
Also Read : Best Hair Dryers For Fine Hair
- Wash hair: first of all, you will have to wash your hair while using a regular shampoo however if you want to have better blow-drying effects and protection then it’s best if you wash your hair with a moisturizing shampoo or dry formula. This kind of shampoo will provide additional moisture that is able to protect your hair from the effects of blow drying, heat-curling, and heat-strengthening.
- Towel dry hair slightly: the next step is to towel off the hair using a clean towel just slightly so as to stop the water from dripping. Remember not to towel rub hair because this leads to split ends and frizzy dryness due to the friction caused. All you have to do is gently wrap the towel around your hair and then squeeze as if blotting the water out of your hair. If the hair is short then you can wrap the towel around your head and then rub it in an extremely gentle way while using strong circular motions.
- Divide hair into sections: while dividing the hair, you should know that the bigger the section then the longer it will take to dry out the hair so it’s preferable that you divide the hair into 4 to 6 sections without anything tangled. If your hair is long or thick then you should try using clips to assist but if it’s short then you can only divide it into 2 sections.
- Begin blow drying hair: now you will have to begin blow drying while starting from the top or roots at approximately 6 inches away from the scalp. Remember to maintain that distance provided throughout so that nothing burns. Also don’t blow dry the hair in a motion that is upward because this will lead to more damage and if you dry the hair at the scalp then it will prevent the moisture from being soaked in the rest of the hair.
- Work your way down the hair sections: keep moving the blow dryer around so as to prevent focusing too much heat only on one area as this might lead to hair burn or drying out.
- Leave the hair slightly damp: remember that you don’t have to completely dry out the entire head of hair but rather just leave it slightly damp so as to leave in some moisture. This way your hair will not become too dry or frizzy or damaged. When leaving it damp make sure it is not very damp to wet the cloths but just damp to dry out naturally in the next 5 to 10 minutes.
- Blast with cold air: finally you will have to conclude by blasting the hair with some cold hair as this will assist lock in the shine. After that gently brush through the hair and even detangle it while using your fingers. If required apply some anti-frizz serum or moisturizer and brush through it evenly. Also, you can use some little olive oil for a more natural option as this will keep your locks smooth and shiny.
Also Read : Best Portable / Lightweight Hair Dryers
Categories: Best Hair Dryers