Tips On How to Select the Right Short Hairstyle
When you’re looking for a new short hairstyle to tryout, your hair features and face-shape should also be considered before making a final choice. In fact, it very important to figure-out a short-hairstyle that will look best on you depending on your hair-texture. So, whether you have fine, thick, coarse, curly or straight hair, there is always a short-hairstyle that will work perfectly for you. All in all, below are some of the methods and steps that you can follow when choosing the right short-hairstyle.
METHOD-1: General steps on how to select the right short hairstyle:
- Begin by deciding on how short you want hair to be: you actually need to decide on how short you want your hair to be before trying-out any short-hairstyle. In fact, you also need to know that you can always get more hair cut-off but you can’t get hair put back-on or grown instantly after trimming it. So, you should consider not going from super-long to super-short in just a day but instead try-out a mid-length hairstyle for a while before going-in for a super-short hairstyle.
- Don’t get hair so short if you like up-dos and sports-activities: in case you love playing different sports games or love wearing up-dos, then consider not getting your hair so short for best styling results. In fact, if you cut your hair so short then you won’t be able to pull it into a pony-tail when going for any sports-activity and you also won’t be able to achieve a desired up-do-hairstyle. So, consider keeping your hair at a reasonable short-length inorder to achieve best styling results as a sports woman or an up-do lover.
- Consider your hair-type: people have different hair-types which include; curly, wavy, straight, fine, thick and coarse hair. So, consider choosing a short-hairstyle that meets the demands of your hair-type. In fact, if you go for a short-hairstyle that stresses your hair-type then you may end-up damaging your hair.
- Take note of your face-shape: you really need to consider your face-shape before selecting any short-hairstyle. In fact, women have different face-shapes which include oval, square and long faces whereby every woman needs to go for a short-hairstyle that matches her face-shape inorder to achieve effective results.
- Consider the length of your neck: short-hairstyles actually make the neck look longer and this implies that if you have a long-neck, then consider not going for a very short-hairstyle because it will make you look like a giraffe. However, if your neck is normal and not so long then consider trying-out a shorter hairstyles.
- Ask your friends for ideas on short-hairstyles: you may also consider asking your friends for ideas on different short-hairstyles before trying-out any short-hairstyle. In fact, you friends will help you make the right choice when selecting a short-hairstyle but don’t entirely base your decision on what they say. Just listen to what they are saying and then consider making an informed-decision.
- Do some online-research on short-hairstyles: you may also need to go online inorder to look-out for different short-hairstyle that may work perfectly for you depending on your face-type and hair-type. In fact, there are a lot of hairstyle-blogs online that will help make the right choice when selecting a short-hairstyle.
- Go and inquire from a trusted salon: if you really want to go for a short-hairstyle quickly, then consider going to any nearby trusted salon and let the hair-professionals decide for you the best short-hairstyle depending on your hair-type and face-shape.
METHOD-2: How to select the right short hairstyle basing on your face-shape:
- Choose a short hair-style that will compliment your face-shape: knowing your face-shape will actually help you make a great decision when selecting a short-hairstyle. So, it’s recommended to go for a short-hairstyle that balances with your face-shape inorder to achieve best styling-results. For example, if you have a square face the consider going for a short hairstyle that balances your face-shape angles by applying soft layers/waves.
- Consider medium-length hairstyles if you have round-face: if you have a round-face, then consider going for the following hairstyles: a medium-length layered bob, an edged layered-bob with, classic-bob with bangs, short layered-hair, short curly or wavy hair, classic-updos, etc.
- Consider short-to-medium length hairstyles for square-faces: if you have a square-face then consider going for short-to-medium length hairstyles with flattering features. For example, medium-length sleek haircuts, textured short-to-medium length hairstyles, short-to-medium length hairstyles with bangs, one-length bob-hairstyles and a lot more.
- Go for any short-haircut if you have an oval-face: oval-faces are similar to round-faces but oval-faces are a bit elongated and this actually perfect makes them for any short-haircut. So, consider going for haircuts like; an angular-bob, up-do styles, bobs with bangs and a lot more.
- Consider short-haircuts with volume for triangular-faces: if you have a triangle-shaped face then consider going for any short haircut with a lot of volume or even a loose ponytail. However, avoid slicked-back up-dos that pull hair away from the face.
METHOD-3: How to select the right short-hairstyle basing on your hair-texture:
- Consider a choppy, short-haircut for a thin hair-texture: consider trying-out a short and choppy hairstyle for straight and thin hair. In fact, choppy short-hairstyle may not look great on someone with a thick and curly hair-texture. So, go for a shorter, layered hairstyle that’s above the shoulders in case you have thin-hair.
- Don’t cut hair to short if you have a thick-hair texture: incase your having thick and coarse hair with natural waves/curls then don’t cut it too short. Consider going for hairstyles that start form the chin-length and below for best styling results.
- Go for any hairstyle if you have a medium-thick hair texture: if you hair has a medium-texture then you can actually tryout any short or long hairstyle. However, you will to play around with hair by adding layers or bangs inorder to achieve a great look. All in all, people with a normal hair-texture will be able to style their hair in different ways without any limitations which is a great thing.