5 Best Professional Flat Irons For Stylists
''Based on Customer reviews and ratings posted on Amazon, We have come to agree that both BIO IONIC Onepass Straightening Iron & Karmin G3 Salon Professional Ceramic Flat Iron are the Best Professional Flat Irons''
Review Of 5 Best Professional Flat Irons
- Bio Ionic Onepass Straightening Iron - Check price on Amazon
- Karmin G3 Salon Professional Ceramic Flat Iron - Check price on Amazon
- Babyliss pro Nano Titanium-Plated Wet-To-Dry Ultra-Thin Straightening Iron - Check price on Amazon
- Turboion Rbb Croc Classic Straightener - Check price on Amazon
- Voloom Classic Volumizing Hair Iron - Check price on Amazon
BIO IONIC Onepass Straightening Iron
Best Professional Flat Iron
Advanced natural ionic technology
|PATENTED SILICONE SPEED STRIPS||
Yes(up to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit)
|FAR INFRARED ENERGY||
|MULTI-LEVEL HEAT CONTROLLER||
Yes (9 feet long)
BIO IONIC Onepass is an advanced Straightening-Iron that has been equipped with silicone-speed strips that provide faster straightening and increased shine while the high levels of negative ions and far-infrared energy it produces provide your hair with a silky, smooth, and conditioned look.
On the other hand, the integrated Nonionic mineral helps to hydrate dry and damaged hair while smoothening fly-always and controlling frizz hence giving your hair great shine and brilliance.
Additionally, this professional flat-iron features BioCeramic-heaters that help to heat up the plates up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit with instant recovery for smooth results from the hair roots to ends while the multi-level heat controller for precise temperature setting while the 9 ft Swivel-Cord makes this flat-iron very convenient to use when styling your hair.
- BioCeramic heaters: The integrated BioCeramic heaters help to heat up the OnePass flat iron up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit with instant recovery in-order to facilitate smooth results from the hair roots to ends.
- Negative-ions and Far-infrared energy: The OnePass Flat-Iron plates emit natural negative-ions and far-infrared energy that break down water clusters on hair surfaces into smaller molecules that penetrate deeper hence hydrating hair while removing frizzies and creating healthy-looking shiny hair.
- Multi-level heat controller: There are several heat levels on this flat iron that can be easily adjusted using the integrated heat controller. In fact, heat levels are adjustable up to 400 degrees without a lot of waiting time.
- Patented Silicone Speed-Strips: With the patented silicone speed-strips in the plates, this flat iron will allow users to straighten and style hair smoothly in half the time when compared to other flat irons on the market.
- Ergonomic Design: This Flat-iron features a sleek exterior that is extra-durable and an easy-to-grip handle that facilitates easy maneuvering and optimum comfort when straightening hair.
Karmin G3 Salon Professional Ceramic Flat Iron
Salon Professional Ceramic Flat Iron
Tourmaline-Ceramic Plates (1-inch)
Yes (up-to 410 degrees)
Micro-Porous Technology & Infrared
|DUAL VOLTAGE SETTINGS||
Yes (Sleek & Comfortable)
The Karmin G3 is a Salon-Professional, Ceramic and 1-inch Flat-Iron that is equipped with a flash quick heating function that helps to heat up plates in under 30-seconds hence facilitating fast hair-straightening results most especially in the morning when hurrying.
In fact, this flat iron looks sleek and stylish with a streamlined exterior and solid black ceramic plates covered with tourmaline giving it an ultimately smooth finish. The ceramic surface of the plates facilitates heat conduction and ultra-consistency in order to help you achieve very smooth hair while conserving moisture.
The Karmin G3 flat-iron also uses micro-porous technology and infrared heat to straighten and smoothen your whereby the infrared heat fights positive ions which cause frizz while micro-porous technology keeps the dips and dents so small that they don’t disrupt your hair's smooth surface.
Lastly, this flat-ion also features adjustable temperature settings up to 410 degrees in order to allow you to get the desired hairstyle at any given heat level while the integrated tangle-free swivel-cord facilitates ensures optimum convenience when straightening hair.
- Tourmaline-Ceramic Plates: the Karmin G3 features pure ceramic plates covered with tourmaline crystals to ensure great heat conduction and ultra-consistency required to achieve super-smooth hair while locking in moisture hence keeping your hair shiny, smooth and healthy all day.
- Micro-Porous Technology and Infrared: The Karmin G3 flat-iron uses micro-porous technology and infrared heat to straighten up your hair. In fact, the infrared heat produces negative ions that help to eliminate hair frizz while micro-porous technology helps to keep dents and dips very small in order to help you achieve very smooth results.
- Adjustable heat controller: this flat iron also features an advanced heat controller that allows you to adjust its heat levels up to 410 degrees. However, it’s not recommended to go over 400 degrees when styling your hair because heat may damage your natural hair.
- Dual-Voltage Settings: The Karmin G3 features dual-voltage settings ranging from 110v to 220v. This implies that you will be able to carry this hair-Straightener with you when traveling to any part of the world so that you can continue achieving your desired hairstyle.
- Ergonomic and Stylish Design: The Karmin G3 features a sleek, stylish and streamlined exterior that is available in different colors but with the same solid-black Ceramic-Plates interior. In fact, this flat-iron is feels very comfortable to hold in the hands and even features a tangle-free swivel cord.
BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium-Plated Wet-to-Dry Ultra-thin Straightening Iron
Best Professional Babyliss Flat Iron
|WET & DRY TECHNOLOGY||
Yes (up to 450 degrees)
|NEGATIVE ION TECHNOLOGY||
The BaBylissPRO is a Nano titanium-plated, wet/dry, and ultra-thin straightening iron with 1.5-Inch plates that heat up faster in order to provide you with quick straightening and curling results.
In fact, this flat-iron features a Ryton housing that doesn’t heat up much while straightening hair and this flat-iron can actually heat up to 450 degrees making it ideal for use on all hair types.
On the other hand, this flat-iron features Nano Titanium plates designed to smoothly glide over hair without snagging or causing hair frizz while its wet & dry technology enables you to style hair whether it is dry or wet but make sure that your hair feels damp but very wet before using this flat-iron.
Lastly, it also gives off negative ions that help to keep natural moisture and oils within your hair hence keeping it healthy at all times.
- Nano Titanium-Plated: The BaBylissPro features Nano Titanium covering on the plates that are designed to glide smoothly over hair without snagging. in fact, the titanium surface is much smoother than some alternatives and this actually makes the BaBylissPro a perfect flat iron for styling your natural hair.
- Wet and Dry technology: The BaBylissPro can also be used on either dry or wet hair and this makes it great for use in all conditions. However, make sure that your hair is slightly damp not very wet before using this flat iron so as to achieve the best styling results.
- Ergonomic body: The BaBylissPro BABNT5073T Straightening Iron has the thinnest body compared to any Straightener on the market today. In fact, this flat-iron is very comfortable to hold in the hands and to maneuver when styling your hair.
- Ryton Housing: The BaBylissPro flat iron has a housing made of Ryton which is a durable material that doesn’t heat up too much when you’re the flat iron to style your hair.
- Adjustable temperature levels: The BaBylissPro is adjustable up to 450 degrees and this makes it a perfect tool for use on all hair types. However, it's recommended not to straighten hair at temperatures higher than 400 degrees for longer periods because this can lead to serious hair damage.
Turboion Rbb Croc Classic Straightener
Premium Professional Flat Iron - Great On Thick Hair
|TEMPERATURE-SETTINGS||Yes (17 Digital-settings)|
|NEGATIVE ION TECHNOLOGY||Yes|
The Turboion Rbb Croc is a classic-Straightener equipped with advanced titanium, 1-inch plates that facilitate effortless gliding when styling your natural hair.
In fact, this flat-iron features ceramic heaters that help to provide instant heat recovery so that you don’t waste any time during the styling process while the integrated digital 17 custom temperature settings help you to choose an appropriate heat level for your hair type.
Additionally, this flat iron features a totally unique shape that makes it very comfortable to hold and use its titanium plates help to keep hair smooth and straight.
All in all, the Turboion Rbb Croc Classic Straightener will help you create balanced and humidity-free hairstyles in the salon or at home.
- Titanium-Plates: The Turboion Rbb Croc Classic Straightener features 1-5-inch titanium plates that feel very smooth and can glide effortlessly over your natural hair in order to provide you with great styling results.
- Ceramic heaters: This flat-iron also features inbuilt ceramic heaters that help to provide instant heat so that you have to waste your time waiting for the plates to heat up, especially when in a hurry.
- 17 custom temperature-setting: This flat iron is equipped with fully-digital, 17 custom temperature-setting that will allow you to choose an appropriate heat setting for your hair type.
VOLOOM Classic Volumizing Hair Iron
Professional Volumizing Flat Iron
The VOLOOM is a revolutionary Classic Volumizing Hair Flat-Iron that has been specially designed to add volume to your medium-to-long hairstyles.
In fact, this flat-iron is equipped with patented and beveled plates that create hidden volume pockets that lift the top layers up and away from the scalp hence creating a sexy mane of hair that you’ve always wished for.
Its plates have a protective ceramic coating coupled with ionic technology that helps to seal hair cuticles in order to protect them from damage.
All in all, the VOLOOM is a high-quality hair-Straightener designed to help you achieve straight and volumized hairstyles.
Tips on How To Flat Iron Thick Hair:
Straightening thick hair is not an easy process but if you prepare hair in the right way and use the right straightening iron then you will be able to achieve smooth, shiny, and straight hair no matter how thick it is. So, below is a step-by-step guide on how to flat-iron your thick hair properly:
- Wash and condition your hair: you will have to first wash your hair with a gentle shampoo in-order to avoid stripping it before using heat over it. Afterward, apply a straightening conditioner with moisturizing ingredients to the hair in order to ensure that it’s properly hydrated and smooth. On other hand, you may wash your thick hair with a moisturizing shampoo for added hydration in case your naturally-thick hair tends to be dry.
- Towels dry your thick hair: after washing and conditioning your hair, use a microfiber towel to dry it until it feels damp. In fact, having partially-dry hair will help you achieve fast blow-drying results. Additionally, using a microfiber towel is great for drying thick hair and these towels even have a more absorbent and softer material than traditional cotton.
- Apply a heat protectant: it’s very important to protect your hair locks just before blow-drying or straightening them because heat can be very damaging to natural hair. So, heat-protectant will help to coat your hair so that it doesn't burn or dry out during the styling process. In fact, heat-protectant are available in different types which include; sprays, lotions, and creams but creams work best for naturally-thick hair. Additionally, Argan-oil can also work as a heat protectant but don’t apply too much because this may weigh down your hair. So, just lightly coat your hair with any given heat-protectant, and don’t apply it to the top of the head/scalp.
- Blow-dry hair with a round brush: Thick hair actually requires extra work to straighten and that’s why it’s very important to first blow-dry while brushing through it with a round bristle brush. This actually helps to smoothen and straighten hair so that you won’t need to over-use a straightening iron to achieve great results. However, make sure that your hair is completely dry before using a flat iron over it.
- Divide hair into sections: it’s very easy to straighten hair that has been divided into smaller sections especially if it has a thick texture. So, begin by dividing the hair in half and then clip the top section to your head. Afterward, divide the lower half into sections that are approximately 1-to-2 inches wide depending on the size of your irons plates. In fact, the thicker your hair is, the more sections you should create for the best straightening results.
- Choose a flat iron with variable heat settings: most flat-iron are only equipped with a low, medium, and high setting but its best to get a flat iron that allows you to choose a precise temperature because you may want to use the lowest amount of heat to straighten your delicate natural-hair and this can only be achieved by selecting a specific temperature-setting. However, for thick, coarse hair, it’s recommended to set your flat iron between 350 and 400 degrees for best-straightening results and this implies that you will need to get a flat iron that is adjustable to that specific temperature range.
- Heat the flat iron: after switching on the flat iron and selecting the right heat setting, wait for a few minutes for the flat iron to heat up to the right temperature. In fact, most flat irons will alert you when they reached the proper temperature by either making a beep or lighting up at a certain spot. All in all, wait until the flat iron is full-heated before using it on your hair because low temperatures on your hair aren’t good since it requires you to go over the same sections of hair more than once in order to achieve a completely smooth result.
- Move the flat iron in a fluid motion: you will have to quickly glide the straightening iron over each section of hair starting approximately a half-inch below the roots of your hair. Remember to keep the pace steady so that the flat iron doesn’t generate uneven areas in certain spots. Additionally, keep in mind that you may have to go over the same section of hair more than once in order to achieve complete straightening results.
- Get closer to hair roots at the crown section: when you approach the sections of hair at the crown of your head, you will need to adjust the straightening movements by simply lifting the sections away from the scalp in order to get the straightening iron closer to the hair-roots and after pulling the flat-iron outward from the head in order to achieve the smoothest finish. Lastly, you will need to press firmly as you move the flat iron over your hair and outwards from your head so as to ensure that your hair is as straight as you need it to be.
- Apply a hair-shine product: you should consider applying a silicone-based shine product to your hair after straightening it in order to achieve that nice glossy appearance. in fact, for those with thick hair or coarse hair, a serum will work best for them but only apply a small amount to your hands and then lightly smooth it over the length of your hair in order to coat all the strands of hair on the upper layers. However, don’t apply too much shine serum because it may make your hair look greasy and the roots of your hair won’t need any shine serum because they are the healthiest part of the hair.
How to Get a Permanent Straight Hair?
If you’re tired of using flat irons to straighten your hair daily then you should consider trying out some of the steps listed below in order to keep your hair straight every day without regularly using a flat iron:
- Wash your hair: before you begin working on your hair, you will need to thoroughly clean it using Luke-warm water coupled with a good conditioning shampoo, and afterward dry it up using a microfiber towel.
- Wear protective gear before applying any hair products: you will need to protect your hands, skin, and clothes before you begin styling your hair. So, consider putting on an old T-shirt, disposable cloves, and an old towel over your shoulders in order to guard yourself against spilling hair chemicals.
- Pick a Hair-relaxer and mix it up: straightening hair with a relaxer actually helps to prevent the development of curls within it. So, go to any make-up or hair-supply store a pick a hair conditioner that works well for your hair type. In fact, most hair-relaxer kits come with different packets of creams/pastes that you will have to mix up before use. So, get a small cup and wooden spatula to mix up the hair relaxer. Afterward, let the product sit for a few minutes before you apply it to the hair.
- Apply Vaseline along the neck, hairline & ears: if you want to protect your skin from soaking into chemicals, apply a thin layer of Vaseline on all edges of your hairline. In fact, it’s not good for your skin and eyes to contact the hair relaxer because it may lead to serious health issues.
- Do a strand test: you will need to apply a hair relaxer to a particular section of your hair and then leave it on until you see results. Afterward, wash off the relaxer and dry your hair in order to see whether there are any breakages or damage. If the relaxer works well for your hair then continue applying it all over the entire head of hair.
- Apply the relaxer to the whole head of hair: you will now have to start applying the relaxer to the entire head of hair in 1/4" (0.6 cm) sections or small sections starting at the root while moving towards the tip. Additionally, make sure that the relaxer is applied evenly but avoid getting any onto your scalp.
- Smooth through the hair with a comb: after applying your relaxer, use a wide-toothed plastic comb to go through your hair in order to even out the relaxer. This will help to ensure that every strand is well-coated with the relaxer from the roots to the tips.
- Set the timer: it’s recommended to leave the hair relaxer on for an appropriate amount of time. So, read the instructions that come with the relaxer package in order to know the maximum amount of time a relaxer should be soaked into your strands. However, make sure that the relaxer doesn’t overstay within your hair because this can lead to serious damage.
- Rinse, shampoo, and rinse your hair again: when the recommended time is up rinse your hair thoroughly with clean water in order to get rid of the relaxer. Afterward, apply shampoo to your hair and then it out again in order to remove every last residue of hair-relaxer.
- Apply a hair conditioner: many relaxing kits include a leave-in conditioner. So, apply this conditioner to your hair after washing out the relaxer. In fact, conditioners help to seal the hair and even prevent damage but make sure that all the layers of your hair receive the conditioner and afterward towel-dry your hair.
- Style your hair straight: afterward, your hair will look straight but consider brushing through it in order to make it look sleek and smooth. However, there are multiple straight hairstyles that you may try out on your hair at the stage.
Categories: Flat Iron Reviews