5 Best Air Purifiers for Home – 2021 Choices
‘’Basing on tests and customer reviews posted on Amazon – We have come to agree that Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier – 700ft & Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier are the Best Air Purifiers in 2021.’’ (Editors choice..)
WHAT WE LIKE ABOUT RABBIT AIR MINUSA2 & ALEN BREATHESMART?
- Both models feature multiple customizable filter-options in-order to fit your personal needs. In fact, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 offers 6-stages of filtration while the Alen BreatheSmart features 4-stages filtration.
- Both air-filters can be used in large rooms’ in-order to provide a conducive environment within your home. In fact, Rabbit Air MinusA2 can be used in large rooms of up to 815 sq. ft. while the Alen BreatheSmart can be used in rooms as large as 1,100 square feet.
- Both Rabbit Air MinusA2 & Alen BreatheSmart are equipped with a SmartSensor feature that automatically detects and adjusts to air-quality inside the house while conserving energy.
- Both are ultra-quiet when under operation. The Rabbit Air MinusA2 uses a cutting edge BLDC-Motor that is very silent while the Alen BreatheSmart purifier features WhisperMax technology designed to eliminate irritating high frequency sounds.
- Both air-filters are ENERGY STAR certified whereby they will not run-up your energy bills.
- Both produce amazing lights at the front that help to add some life to your home. in fact, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 features a LED mood light on the front that can be turned on to produce a great spectrum of colors while the Alen BreatheSmart purifier a LED-panel that produces 14-colors in-order to match your home decor.
5 BEST AIR PURIFIERS
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO BEFORE BUYING AN AIR PURIFIER?
- Vacuum often: before acquiring an air-purifier first consider vacuuming your house often and thoroughly using a vacuum-cleaner with HEPA filtration.
- Ban Smoking inside the house: try to avoid smoking indoors because smoke tends to circulate throughout the house making the house smell nasty. So, consider smoking outside in-order to keep inside of your house clean and fresh.
- Regulate heating and cooling equipment: you will actually need to regulate all the heating and cooling equipment within your house in-order to create a conducive environment. In fact, you will even need to change air-filters regularly in-order to keep your house smelling fresh.
- Minimize on the use of candles and fire-wood: you should actually reduce on the use of candles and wood-fire inside the house because these tend to produce toxic smoke that can be harmful to your health. So, only use these products for once in a while in-order to keep your house free of toxic smoke.
- Use exhaust fans: you can also decide to use exhaust fans in order to blow away or get rid of toxic-air in the kitchen, bathroom and laundry areas.
- Don’t keep chemicals and pesticides inside the house: you should avoid storing chemicals, pesticides, solvents and glues inside the house because these tend to emit dangerous air that can harm your life. So consider keeping such chemicals outside the house but if you don’t have a place to keep them outside, then consider sealing them tightly and then store them in the basement.
- Use an air-conditioner: in case you experience pollen or dust related allergies that prevent you from opening the windows when inside the house, then run an air-conditioner or any air-cooling system with a great air-filter.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING AN AIR PURIFIER FOR YOUR HOME / OFFICE?
- Energy Efficient: Consider getting a portable air-purifier because it will be easier to maintain compared to larger or standard air-filters. In fact, depending on how you’re using the air-purifier, an average one will require replacing the carbon-filters every after 3-months and the main-filter after a year. Additionally, reduce on operation-costs by getting room-model air-purifiers that are energy-star qualified because this implies that they are relatively energy-efficient compared to any standard air-filter model. On the other hand, consider getting an air-purifier with washable filters that can be re-used.
- Should have a removable filter: Your air-purifier won’t work perfectly if the filter is dusty, clogged and full. So, consider getting an air-purifier with a removable filter so that you can easily clean it or replace it with a new one.
- Quietness: The nose-levels of an air-purifier really matter especially if you’re going to run it a room where you work or sleep. So, for the sake of quietness and efficiency, it’s recommended to get a larger air-purifier and then run it on at lower speed rather getting a small-one that you have to run at higher speeds for effectiveness but with more noise.
ESSENTIAL AIR PURIFIER FEATURES:
- Fan: Most air-purifiers use a fan to suck-in air for filtration but there are also purifiers without a fan whereby these just circulate air naturally throughout your home and run more quietly although they are not as effective as air-purifiers with fans. So, consider getting an air-purifier with a fan in-case you are very sensitive to dust and pollens within the house.
- Servicing indicator: Always get an air-purifier with an integrated service-indicator because this feature will let you know when the unit needs to-be cleaned or when the filter needs to be replaced. In fact, clogged air-purifier won’t work efficiently and some even stop working completely.
- Programmable timer: Timer-control will allow you to set the air-purifier to run or turn it off automatically when you’re not at home or when you’re at home. In fact, these controls will enable the air-purifier to clean the house at specific times so that you can always get a fresh environment while saving energy costs.
- Carrying handle: An air-purifier with a handle actually makes it much easier to carry and move from one room to another so that your entire house is kept fresh. However, this makes the air-purifier more prone to accidental-drops and that’s why most people prefer wall-mountable air-purifiers.
- Number of speeds: An air-purifier with adjustable speed-levels will allow you to achieve the desired air-cleaning needs. For example, you can set the air-purifier to a lower speed when sleeping or working because you will need the silence and you can set it to a higher-speed when it’s house-cleaning time.
- Ionizer: An air-purifier with an integrated ionizer that helps to attract particles via static-electricity won’t actually produce ozone which is a lung irritant. So, always buy an air-purifier with an ionizer in-order to keep your home smelling extremely fresh.
- Remote control: Get an air-purifier with a remote-control because this will help you to easily adjust the settings from across the room without even leaving your comfort while relaxing at home. In fact, most air-purifiers today come with a remote-control no-matter their price-range or quality-levels.
- Dirt sensor: Some advanced air-purifiers will automatically adjust the fan-speed depending on the level of dust or dirt in the air. However, such air-purifiers are a bit expensive but you will need to acquire one if you have several allergies.
- Washable pre-filter: Consider getting an air-purifier with a removable and washable Pre-filter that can be re-used in case it gets dirty. In fact, pre-filters help to collect large particles of dust and if these filters are washable then this will help to cut on the overall operation-costs. However, most high-end air-purifiers don’t have this option and you will just have to buy new replacement filters.
REVIEW OF 5 BEST AIR PURIFIERS
Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier – Stylish, Efficient and Energy Star (SPA-700A)
|ENERGY STAR certified||
|Easy To Use||
|Toxin Absober Filter||
|Odor Remover Filter||
|Per Allergy Filter||
|Germ Defense Filter||
|BioGS HEPA Filter||
|Negative Ion Generator||
OUR REVIEW & WHAT WE LIKE ABOUT THIS MODEL:
- Wide Coverage (700 ft of room coverage): The Rabbit Air MinusA2 Purifier is designed to filter all the air in rooms of up-to 700 sq. ft. wide for twice an hour on the highest setting. This implies that the air-purifier will be able to thoroughly clean all the largest rooms in your house.
- Ultra quiet: The Rabbit Air MinusA2 Purifier is equipped with an advanced BLDC motor that operates at 5 different speeds and it’s virtually silent at the lowest speed. In fact, this air-purifier will work perfectly in your office and bedroom where you require optimum silence.
- Energy efficient: This air-purifier is ENERGY STAR certified and this means that it won’t run-up your energy-bills. This will help you to save a lot of money on electricity bills even if the air-purifier runs for the entire day.
- Thorough: The Rabbit Air MinusA2 Purifier will thoroughly filter all the in any given room up-to 700 sq. ft. in fact, this air-filter can clean any room twice an hour when set to the highest settings.
- Adaptable: The Rabbit Air MinusA2 Purifier is designed to either operate as a stand-alone or can even be mounted on the wall optimum safety. This makes it a perfect appliance for use in both small and large homes.
- Chill: This air-purifier also features a LED mood-light on the front-panel that can be turned on to produce a soothing spectrum of colours within your room.
- Smart: The Rabbit Air MinusA2 Purifier features a light-sensor that automatically transitions the unit to sleep-mode in case it senses a dark-environment. On the other hand, this will resume to a more active mode when the light-levels increase.
- Childproof feature: This air-purifier is also equipped with a childproof feature that helps to pause the unit when the front-panel is removed. This will prevent kids from playing around air-purifier.
- BioGS HEPA Filter: This air-purifier features a BioGS HEPA filter that helps to trap airborne particles of up-to 0.3-microns in size and even reduces on common allergens in-order to support optimum filter-efficiency and prolonged filter life.
- This air-filter features a BioGS® HEPA filtration system with 6-stages of purification and deodorization.
- It will filter rooms of up-to 700 sq. ft. wide and this makes it perfect for use both large and small homes.
- This air-purifier will help to remove toxins, odour, pet-hair and germs from your house.
- It’s ultra-quiet even at higher-speeds because it’s equipped with an advanced BLDC motor.
- This air-filter is energy-efficient and it won’t run-up your energy bills.
- This air-purifier can be used as a stand-alone or mounted over the wall.
- This air-purifier is very expensive and you can actually get other air-purifiers at affordable prices.
Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier with HEPA-FreshPlus Filter for Allergies
|Coverage||1,100 square feet|
|Filter-options||4 different filter types|
|15 panel color options||Yes|
|Energy Star Certified||Yes|
|Easy To Use||Yes|
|Filter Change Indicator||Yes|
OUR REVIEW & WHAT WE LIKE ABOUT THIS MODEL:
- Wide Coverage: The Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier can condition areas of up to 1100 square-feet and this actually makes it perfect for use in large rooms like living-rooms, offices and open concept areas.
- An air quality indicator: this air-purifier features an air quality indicator that lest you know the quality of room’s air at a glance.
- SmartSensor Function: this air-purifier features SmartSensor that helps to automatically adjust the cleaning-power in order to provide the best air-quality while maximizing filter-life and saving energy. In fact, the SmartSensor works perfectly when the air-purifier is set to auto-mode.
- Whisper Quiet Performance: With WhisperMax technology, you will be able to achieve high-performance and low-noise from this air-purifier. In fact, WhisperMax technology is a combination of precise turning and aerodynamics.
- Great Airflow: the Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier is equipped with a powerful fan that blows a pure-air up to the ceiling where it spreads all over the room before returning to the air-purifier for optimum purification.
- 4 different HEPA filters: The Alen BreatheSmart air-purifier features 4 different HEPA-filters designed to remove dust and allergens from your house. These filters include; HEPA-Pure filter, HEPA-Silver filter, HEPA-FreshPlus and HEPA-OdorCell. In fact, all these filters are uniquely made to accommodate your personal needs.
- Energy star certified: this air-purifier is energy start certified and it will save you a lot of money on electricity-bills. In fact, the Alen BreatheSmart uses only 105-watts on the highest-speed.
- The Alen BreatheSmart air-purifier can be used in large rooms of up to 1100 square-feet.
- It’s fully-customizable with over 4 different filter-types and 15 panel colour-options.
- The Alen BreatheSmart features a SmartSensor that automatically detects and adjusts air-quality.
- Its WhisperMax technology helps to maintain a quiet and peaceful home environment.
- It’s Energy-star certified and it will actually save you a lot of money on electricity-bills.
- It requires regular replacement of air-filters depending on its usage. However, it’s recommended to change the air-filter every after 12-months for best performance results.
AFFORDABLE & TOP RATED
Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover, 465 sq. Ft, HPA300
|Coverage||465 sq. ft.|
|ENERGY STAR Qualified||Yes|
|4 air cleaning levels:||Yes|
|Turbo Clean setting||Yes|
|Certified HEPA Replacement Filter||HRF-R3 (3 Filters)|
|Genuine Odor-Reducing Pre-filter||HRF-AP1|
|Product Dimensions||20.08 x 10.83 x 22.32|
OUR REVIEW & WHAT WE LIKE ABOUT THIS MODEL:
- Great Coverage: The Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover was designed to-be used in large-rooms of up-to 465 sq. ft. and this actually makes it perfect for use in all rooms of your house.
- 4 air cleaning levels: This air-purifier features 4 air-cleaning levels that help to capture contaminated air in-order to filter it and then produces cleaner and fresher air to the room. These air-cleaning-levels include; Germ, General Clean, Allergen and Turbo-clean settings.
- An Auto Shut-Off feature: This air-purifier is equipped with an auto shut-off option that will help to shut-down the purifier after 2, 4, or 8 hours depending how long you wanted the purifier to operate.
- Easy to maintain: The Honeywell True HEPA purifier is very easy to maintain whereby the Pre-Filter A (model HRF-AP1) needs to be replaced every 3 months and the Certified HEPA filter (model HRF-R3) should be replaced for once a year. Additionally, the integrated filter-light will remind you when to change the filters and these filters are very easy to replace since no tools are required.
- ENERGY STAR Qualified: This air-purifier is also ENERGY STAR certified whereby it will help you save a lot of money on electricity bills. In fact, it consumes less power even at the highest speeds.
- AHAM Verified: The CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) performance is 3rd party tested & AHAM verified. This implies that the purifier will provide you with cleaner and fresher air at all times.
- The Honeywell True HEPA purifier will work perfectly in large rooms of up to 465 sq. ft.
- This air-purifier can filter and circulate room-air 5X per-hour when used in the recommended room-size.
- It features an automatic shut-off feature that helps to switch it off after 2, 4 or 8 hours.
- It features 3 air-cleaning levels that facilitate for thorough air cleanup.
- The integrated Turbo Clean setting helps to filter and circulate room-air faster.
- The activated carbon pre-filter helps to absorb VOCs/Gases/Odors and traps larger particles.
- The HEPA filter helps to continuously capture 99.97% of the particles that pass through it including those as small as 0.3 microns.
- The Honeywell True HEPA purifier comes with easy to maintain replacement filters.
- The Honeywell True HEPA purifier will save you a lot of money on electricity-bills because its ENERGY STAR certified.
- Its room-coverage of (465 sq. ft) is a bit smaller compared to other advanced air-purifiers which can cover rooms of up-to 1000 sq. ft.
- This air-purifier tends to make rooms hotter because it used 130-watts of electricity that it releases into the room as ambient heat.
Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner with PlasmaWave Technology
283 sq. ft.
|5 stage filtration||Yes|
|Dust and Light Sensors||Yes|
|True HEPA Filtration||Yes|
|Advanced Odor Control||Yes|
|Auto dim feature||Yes|
|CleanCel Anti-Bacterial Treatment||Yes|
OUR REVIEW & WHAT WE LIKE ABOUT THIS MODEL:
- Control-panel operation & convenient remote-control: The Winix WAC9500 Ultimate air-cleaner offers the user with 2 control-options which include; control-panel operation or remote-control operation for optimum convenience.
- Winix PlasmaWave Technology: This technology enables the air-purifier to attack pollutants at a molecular level in order to neutralize viruses, bacteria, odour and any gases within air.
- True HEPA Filtration: The Winix WAC9500 Ultimate uses true HEPA filtration to capture 99.99% of airborne pollutants, pet-hair and allergens as small as 0.3-microns.
- Smart Sensors: This air-purifier is integrated with smart-sensors that consistently monitor the air around. If they sense any air-quality change, they will automatically adjust the speed of the air-purifier in order to remove any pollutants and create a clean and fresh environment.
- 4 control-settings: The Winix WAC9500 Ultimate air-purifier features 4 settings that you can manually or remotely set in order to keep your home clean.
- 5 stage filtration system: the Winix WAC9500 Ultimate air-purifier uses a 5-stage filtration to completely eliminate hair, dander and odour of your pets hence leaving your house feeling fresh and comfortable.
- Auto dim feature: This feature senses the amount of ambient light in the room and then allows the air-purifier to display either the normal bright LED or a dimmed LED light. This makes the air-purifier perfect for use in bedrooms where sleeping occurs.
- A LED filter-replacement alert: This air-purifier is equipped with an advanced control-panel that will display a LED-alert when the filters need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Washable filters: This air-filter comes with a washable odour control carbon filter and Pre-Filter that actually makes the unit very easy to maintain while extending the life of the filters before a replacement.
- It uses true HEPA-Filtration to capture 99.99% of airborne pollutants, pet-dander and allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
- It features a washable odour control carbon filter and Pre-Filter that facilitate for extended life of your filters before making a replacement.
- It uses PlasmaWave-technology to attack pollutants at a molecular level in-order to neutralize viruses, bacteria, odours, and gases in the air.
- The integrated Odour, Dust and Light Sensors help to automatically adjust the air-cleaner settings in-order to meet the needs of your environment.
- This air-purifier uses a 5-stage filtration system to completely eliminate any hair, dander and odour of your pet leaving you with comfortable environment.
- Its Clean Air Delivery Air Tested (CADR).In fact, the higher the CADR numbers, the faster the unit cleans the air.
- Smaller room-coverage: the Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner only works perfectly in rooms of up-to 283 sq. ft. This implies that it can’t be used in large living-rooms like other advanced air-purifiers on the market.
- It lacks a real-handle that you can hold to move it around your home hence making it very prone to accidental-drops.
IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier
|Coverage||700 – 800 sq.|
|4 stage filtration system||Yes|
|Filter life monitor||Yes|
|6 different fun-settings||Yes|
|Dimensions||16 x 15 x 28 inches|
OUR REVIEW & WHAT WE LIKE ABOUT THIS MODEL:
- HyperHEPA filtration technology: This technology helps to effectively trap particles of all sizes which include; dust, pet-dander, smoke, viruses and other allergens. in fact, the IQAir’s HyperHEPA filtration is tested and certified to filter 99.5% of all particles including those as small as to 0.003 microns.
- 4-Stage Filtration System: The IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier features a 4-stage filtration system that helps to all types of particles, gases and odours hence leaving your house feeling fresh at all times.
- Wide-coverage: The IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier can actually clean-air in rooms as large as 700-800 sq.feet in about 24-hours. This actually makes it a perfect air-purifier for use in sitting-rooms, bedrooms and other wide-spaces within your home.
- Noise reduction Technology: This air-purifier features a unique system that helps to reduce on noise-levels. In fact, the fans are installed in-between the filter and this helps to significantly reduce on sound. Lastly, this air-purifier is virtually silent when set to the lowest setting thus making it perfect for use in bedrooms.
- Filter LED-indicators: The IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier features a LED-display that indicates the 4-stages of filter life-cycle and will let you know when a particular filter needs to be replaced.
- Energy efficient: The IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier is very energy efficient whereby it will save you a lot of money on electricity-bills. In fact, this air-purifier uses less power than a conventional light bulb hence making it a perfect choice for any home.
- This air-purifier can filter ultrafine particles as small as .003 microns thus leaving your house entirely fresh and clean.
- It works perfectly for Asthma and Allergy sufferers because it was approved by the American Lung Association.
- The IQAir’s HyperHEPA filtration is tested and certified to filter 99.5% of all particles and gases compared to standard HEPA filtrations-systems.
- It is very energy efficient whereby it uses less power than a conventional light bulb hence saving you a lot of money on electricity-bills.
- It features a LED-display that indicates the 4-stages of filtration and even lets you know when the filters need to-be replaced.
- It can be uses in large-rooms of up to 700 – 800 sq. feet thus making it a perfect appliance for big-homes.
- It’s very quiet when operating because its fans are installed between filter and this helps to significantly reduce on sound.
- The IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier is actually a bit expensive compared to other advanced air-purifiers on the market.
- It lacks an inbuilt air-quality sensor yet most advanced air-purifiers have this feature.