5 Best Air Purifiers For Home
"Based on tests and customer reviews posted on Amazon – We have come to agree that Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier – 700ft & Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier are the Best Air Purifiers."
What We Like About Rabbit Air Minusa2 & Alen Breathesmart?
- Both models feature multiple customizable filter options in order to fit your personal needs. In fact, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 offers 6-stages of filtration while the Alen BreatheSmart features 4-stages of filtration.
- Both air filters can be used in large rooms in order to provide a conducive environment within your home. In fact, Rabbit Air MinusA2 can be used in large rooms of up to 815 sq. ft. while the Alen BreatheSmart can be used in rooms as large as 1,100 square feet.
- Both Rabbit Air MinusA2 & Alen BreatheSmart are equipped with a SmartSensor feature that automatically detects and adjusts to the air quality inside the house while conserving energy.
- Both are ultra-quiet when under operation. The Rabbit Air MinusA2 uses a cutting-edge BLDC-Motor that is very silent while the Alen BreatheSmart purifier features WhisperMax technology designed to eliminate irritating high-frequency sounds.
- Both air filters are ENERGY STAR certified whereby they will not run up your energy bills.
- Both produce amazing lights at the front that help to add some life to your home. in fact, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 features a LED mood light on the front that can be turned on to produce a great spectrum of colors while the Alen BreatheSmart purifier a LED-panel that produces 14-colors in-order to match your home decor.
If you can't afford Rabbit Air MinusA2 / Alen BreatheSmart - Opt for Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover. This is an Affordable Air Purifier - Ideal for large rooms (465 sq. ft.). It covers 465 square feet.
You can customize its performance by choosing from 4 air cleaning levels which include; Germ, General Clean, Allergen, and Turbo. In addition to that, it filters and circulates Room Air 5X per hour - when used in the recommended 465 square feet room.
Our 5 Best Air Purifiers
Reasons Why We Recommend It:
(1) Ultra-quiet, Thorough air purification, (2) Energy efficient - ENERGY STAR certified - will not run up your energy bill, (3) It covers 700 square feet, (4) Can be customized - tailor the air purifier's filtration power to your needs, (5) Comes with a BioGS® HEPA filtration with 6 stages of purification and deodorization, (6) Germ Defense Filter - this one trap and reduces airborne bacteria & mold spores that carry viruses, (7) Pet Allergy Filter - ideal for people who leave with pets - it traps and reduces pet dander & pet allergens, (8) Toxin Absorber Filter - its traps and reduces volatile organic compounds and other dangerous chemicals, (9) Odor Remover Filter - It traps and reduces bad odors from cigarettes, cooking, mildew and other related bad odors.....(10)Recommended by an allergist.
WHY WE LIKE IT? - (1) For large rooms - 1100 square feet, (2) It is perfect for all living rooms, open concept rooms, and very large rooms of about 1100 Square Feet, (3) Energy Star Certified (105 watts on highest speed), 120V power supply, (4) Fully customizable - easily set it to serve your best needs, (5) SmartSensor automatically detects and adjusts to change in air quality thus prolong the air purifier's filter and conserve energy at the same time, (6) Great design - choose from 14 color options to match with your home decor, (7) Queit performance, (8) Best in Class Airflow - it can blow pure air up to the ceiling - thus spreading pure air to other rooms.
WHAT DO WE LIKE? (1) Affordable - top-rated & well-priced air purifier, (2) EnergyStar Certified - uses less energy yet it cleans the air in your room thoroughly, (3) Filters and circulates Room Air 5X per hour, (4) Comes with 4 air cleaning levels and these include; Germ, General Clean, Allergen & Turbo air purification mode for thorough air purification, (5) It is ideal for large rooms of about 465 square feet, (6) Captures 99.7% of all airborne particles, (7) Very easy to maintain & replace filters, (8) Not too loud
WHAT WE LIKE:- (1) Number one choice of Asthma and Allergy sufferers, (2) 100X more effective than standard HEPA, (3) Long filter life, (4) LED display which indicates 4 stages of the filter life-cycle, (5) Filters Ultrafine particles to .003 microns, (6) 38% longer filter life and 32% less noise, (7) It effectively traps particles of all sizes, (8) Ideal for big rooms.....(9) Absolutely worth the awesome price tag
WHAT DO WE LIKE? (1) Barely consumes any power, (2) Washable advanced odor control carbon filter, (3) True HEPA Filtration captures 99.99% of airborne pollutants, (4) Smart Sensors with Auto-Mode - Sensors automatically adjust your air cleaner settings to meet the needs of your environment, (5) PlasmaWave technology attacks pollutants at a molecular level to neutralize viruses, Bacteria, odors, and gases in the air, Pretty quiet when in a low mood.
What You Should Do Before Buying An Air Purifier?
- Vacuum often: before acquiring an air purifier first consider vacuuming your house often and thoroughly using a vacuum cleaner with HEPA filtration.
- Ban Smoking inside the house: try to avoid smoking indoors because smoke tends to circulate throughout the house making the house smell nasty. So, consider smoking outside in order to keep the inside of your house clean and fresh.
- Regulate heating and cooling equipment: you will actually need to regulate all the heating and cooling equipment within your house in order to create a conducive environment. In fact, you will even need to change air filters regularly in order to keep your house smelling fresh.
- Minimize the use of candles and firewood: you should actually reduce the use of candles and wood fire inside the house because these tend to produce toxic smoke that can be harmful to your health. So, only use these products once in a while in order to keep your house free of toxic smoke.
- Use exhaust fans: you can also decide to use exhaust fans in order to blow away or get rid of toxic air in the kitchen, bathroom, and laundry areas.
- Don’t keep chemicals and pesticides inside the house: you should avoid storing chemicals, pesticides, solvents, and glues inside the house because these tend to emit dangerous air that can harm your life. So consider keeping such chemicals outside the house but if you don’t have a place to keep them outside, then consider sealing them tightly and then storing them in the basement.
- Use an air-conditioner: in case you experience pollen or dust-related allergies that prevent you from opening the windows when inside the house, then run an air-conditioner or any air-cooling system with a great air filter.
What To Look For When Buying An Air Purifier For Your Home / Office?
- Energy Efficient: Consider getting a portable air purifier because it will be easier to maintain compared to larger or standard air filters. In fact, depending on how you’re using the air purifier, an average one will require replacing the carbon filters every after 3 months and the main filter after a year. Additionally, reduce on operation-costs by getting room-model air purifiers that are energy-star qualified because this implies that they are relatively energy-efficient compared to any standard air-filter model. On the other hand, consider getting an air purifier with washable filters that can be reused.
- Should have a removable filter: Your air purifier won’t work perfectly if the filter is dusty, clogged, and full. So, consider getting an air purifier with a removable filter so that you can easily clean it or replace it with a new one.
- Quietness: The nose levels of an air purifier really matter especially if you’re going to run it in a room where you work or sleep. So, for the sake of quietness and efficiency, it’s recommended to get a larger air purifier and then run it at a lower speed rather than getting a small one that you have to run at higher speeds for effectiveness but with more noise.
Essential Air Purifier Features:
- Fan: Most air purifiers use a fan to suck in air for filtration but there are also purifiers without a fan whereby these just circulate the air naturally throughout your home and run more quietly although they are not as effective as air purifiers with fans. So, consider getting an air purifier with a fan in case you are very sensitive to dust and pollens within the house.
- Servicing indicator: Always get an air purifier with an integrated service indicator because this feature will let you know when the unit needs to be cleaned or when the filter needs to be replaced. In fact, clogged air-purifier won’t work efficiently and some even stop working completely.
- Programmable timer: Timer control will allow you to set the air purifier to run or turn it off automatically when you’re not at home or when you’re at home. In fact, these controls will enable the air purifier to clean the house at specific times so that you can always get a fresh environment while saving energy costs.
- Carrying handle: An air purifier with a handle actually makes it much easier to carry and move from one room to another so that your entire house is kept fresh. However, this makes the air purifier more prone to accidental drops and that’s why most people prefer wall-mountable air purifiers.
- Number of speeds: An air purifier with adjustable speed levels will allow you to achieve the desired air-cleaning needs. For example, you can set the air purifier to a lower speed when sleeping or working because you will need the silence and you can set it to a higher speed when it’s house-cleaning time.
- Ionizer: An air purifier with an integrated ionizer that helps to attract particles via static electricity won’t actually produce ozone which is a lung irritant. So, always buy an air purifier with an ionizer to keep your home smelling extremely fresh.
- Remote control: Get an air purifier with a remote control because this will help you easily adjust the settings from across the room without leaving your comfort while relaxing at home. In fact, most air purifiers today come with remote control no matter their price range or quality levels.
- Dirt sensor: Some advanced air purifiers will automatically adjust the fan speed depending on the level of dust or dirt in the air. However, such air purifiers are a bit expensive but you will need to acquire one if you have several allergies.
- Washable pre-filter: Consider getting an air purifier with a removable and washable Pre-filter that can be reused in case it gets dirty. In fact, pre-filters help to collect large particles of dust and if these filters are washable then this will help to cut on the overall operation costs. However, most high-end air purifiers don’t have this option and you will just have to buy new replacement filters.
In-Depth Review Of The 5 Best Air Purifiers
Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier - Stylish, Efficient, and Energy Star (SPA-700A)
Best Air Purifier For Your Home - Recommended By Allergists
|ENERGY STAR certified||
|Easy To Use||
|Toxin Absorber Filter||
|Odor Remover Filter||
|Per Allergy Filter||
|Germ Defense Filter||
|BioGS HEPA Filter||
|Negative Ion Generator||
Our Review & What We Like About This Model:
- Wide Coverage (700 ft of room coverage): The Rabbit Air MinusA2 Purifier is designed to filter all the air in rooms of up to 700 sq. ft. wide for twice an hour on the highest setting. This implies that the air purifier will be able to thoroughly clean all the largest rooms in your house.
- Ultra quiet: The Rabbit Air MinusA2 Purifier is equipped with an advanced BLDC motor that operates at 5 different speeds and it’s virtually silent at the lowest speed. In fact, this air purifier will work perfectly in your office and bedroom where you require optimum silence.
- Energy efficient: This air purifier is ENERGY STAR certified and this means that it won’t run up your energy bills. This will help you to save a lot of money on electricity bills even if the air purifier runs for the entire day.
- Thorough: The Rabbit Air MinusA2 Purifier will thoroughly filter all the in any given room up to 700 sq. ft. in fact, this air filter can clean any room twice an hour when set to the highest settings.
- Adaptable: The Rabbit Air MinusA2 Purifier is designed to either operate as a stand-alone or can even be mounted on the wall for optimum safety. This makes it a perfect appliance for use in both small and large homes.
- Chill: This air purifier also features a LED mood light on the front panel that can be turned on to produce a soothing spectrum of colors within your room.
- Smart: The Rabbit Air MinusA2 Purifier features a light sensor that automatically transitions the unit to sleep mode in case it senses a dark environment. On the other hand, this will resume to a more active mode when the light levels increase.
- Childproof feature: This air purifier is also equipped with a childproof feature that helps to pause the unit when the front panel is removed. This will prevent kids from playing around with air purifiers.
- BioGS HEPA Filter: This air-purifier features a BioGS HEPA filter that helps to trap airborne particles of up to 0.3 microns in size and even reduces common allergens in-order to support optimum filter efficiency and prolonged filter life.
- This air filter features a BioGS® HEPA filtration system with 6-stages of purification and deodorization.
- It will filter rooms of up to 700 sq. ft. wide and this makes it perfect for use in both large and small homes.
- This air purifier will help to remove toxins, odor, pet hair, and germs from your house.
- It’s ultra-quiet even at higher speeds because it’s equipped with an advanced BLDC motor.
- This air filter is energy-efficient and it won’t run up your energy bills.
- This air purifier can be used as a stand-alone or mounted over the wall.
- This air purifier is very expensive and you can actually get other air purifiers at affordable prices.
Alen Breathesmart Customizable Air Purifier With Hepa-Freshplus Filter For Allergies
Best Customizable Air Purifier With Hepa-Pure Filter For Allergies And Dust.
|Coverage||1,100 square feet|
|Filter-options||4 different filter types|
|15-panel color options||Yes|
|Energy Star Certified||Yes|
|Easy To Use||Yes|
|Filter Change Indicator||Yes|
Our Review & What We Like About This Model:
- Wide Coverage: The Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier can condition areas of up to 1100 square feet and this actually makes it perfect for use in large rooms like living rooms, offices, and open concept areas.
- An air quality indicator: this air purifier features an air quality indicator that lets you know the quality of the room's air at a glance.
- SmartSensor Function: this air-purifier features SmartSensor that helps to automatically adjust the cleaning power in order to provide the best air quality while maximizing filter life and saving energy. In fact, the SmartSensor works perfectly when the air purifier is set to auto-mode.
- Whisper Quiet Performance: With WhisperMax technology, you will be able to achieve high performance and low noise from this air purifier. In fact, WhisperMax technology is a combination of precise turning and aerodynamics.
- Great Airflow: the Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier is equipped with a powerful fan that blows pure air up to the ceiling where it spreads all over the room before returning to the air purifier for optimum purification.
- 4 different HEPA filters: The Alen BreatheSmart air purifier features 4 different HEPA filters designed to remove dust and allergens from your house. These filters include; HEPA-Pure filter, HEPA-Silver filter, HEPA-FreshPlus, and HEPA-OdorCell. In fact, all these filters are uniquely made to accommodate your personal needs.
- Energy star certified: this air purifier is energy star certified and it will save you a lot of money on electricity bills. In fact, the Alen BreatheSmart uses only 105 watts at the highest speed.
- The Alen BreatheSmart air purifier can be used in large rooms of up to 1100 square feet.
- It’s fully customizable with over 4 different filter types and 15-panel color options.
- The Alen BreatheSmart features a SmartSensor that automatically detects and adjusts air quality.
- Its WhisperMax technology helps to maintain a quiet and peaceful home environment.
- It’s Energy-star certified and it will actually save you a lot of money on electricity bills.
- It requires regular replacement of air filters depending on its usage. However, it’s recommended to change the air filter every after 12-months for the best performance results.
Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover, 465 sq. Ft, HPA300
Affordable & Top Rated
Pet True Hepa Air Cleaner With Plasmawave Technology
|Coverage||465 sq. ft.|
|ENERGY STAR Qualified||Yes|
|4 air cleaning levels:||Yes|
|Turbo Clean setting||Yes|
|Certified HEPA Replacement Filter||HRF-R3 (3 Filters)|
|Genuine Odor-Reducing Pre-filter||HRF-AP1|
|Product Dimensions||20.08 x 10.83 x 22.32|
Our Review & What We Like About This Model:
- Great Coverage: The Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover was designed to be used in large rooms of up to 465 sq. ft. and this actually makes it perfect for use in all rooms of your house.
- 4 air cleaning levels: This air-purifier features 4 air-cleaning levels that help to capture contaminated air in-order to filter it and then produce cleaner and fresher air to the room. These air-cleaning levels include; Germ, General Clean, Allergen, and Turbo-clean settings.
- An Auto Shut-Off feature: This air purifier is equipped with an auto shut-off option that will help to shut down the purifier after 2, 4, or 8 hours depending on how long you wanted the purifier to operate.
- Easy to maintain: The Honeywell True HEPA purifier is very easy to maintain whereby the Pre-Filter A (model HRF-AP1) needs to be replaced every 3 months and the Certified HEPA filter (model HRF-R3) should be replaced once a year. Additionally, the integrated filter light will remind you when to change the filters and these filters are very easy to replace since no tools are required.
- ENERGY STAR Qualified: This air purifier is also ENERGY STAR certified whereby it will help you save a lot of money on electricity bills. In fact, it consumes less power even at the highest speeds.
- AHAM Verified: The CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) performance is 3rd party tested & AHAM verified. This implies that the purifier will provide you with cleaner and fresher air at all times.
- The Honeywell True HEPA purifier will work perfectly in large rooms of up to 465 sq. ft.
- This air purifier can filter and circulate room-air 5X per hour when used in the recommended room size.
- It features an automatic shut-off feature that helps to switch it off after 2, 4, or 8 hours.
- It features 3 air-cleaning levels that facilitate thorough air cleanup.
- The integrated Turbo Clean setting helps to filter and circulate room air faster.
- The activated carbon pre-filter helps to absorb VOCs/Gases/Odors and traps larger particles.
- The HEPA filter helps to continuously capture 99.97% of the particles that pass through it including those as small as 0.3 microns.
- The Honeywell True HEPA purifier comes with easy-to-maintain replacement filters.
- The Honeywell True HEPA purifier will save you a lot of money on electricity bills because it's ENERGY STAR certified.
- Its room coverage of (465 sq. ft) is a bit smaller compared to other advanced air purifiers which can cover rooms of up to 1000 sq. ft.
- This air purifier tends to make rooms hotter because it used 130 watts of electricity that it releases into the room as ambient heat.
Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner with PlasmaWave Technology
Best Pet True Hepa Air Cleaner With Plasmawave Technology
283 sq. ft.
|5 stage filtration||Yes|
|Dust and Light Sensors||Yes|
|True HEPA Filtration||Yes|
|Advanced Odor Control||Yes|
|Auto dim feature||Yes|
|CleanCel Anti-Bacterial Treatment||Yes|
Our Review & What We Like About This Model:
- Control-panel operation & convenient remote-control: The Winix WAC9500 Ultimate air-cleaner offers the user 2 control options which include; control-panel operation or remote-control operation for optimum convenience.
- Winix PlasmaWave Technology: This technology enables the air purifier to attack pollutants at a molecular level in order to neutralize viruses, bacteria, odor, and any gases within the air.
- True HEPA Filtration: The Winix WAC9500 Ultimate uses true HEPA filtration to capture 99.99% of airborne pollutants, pet hair, and allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
- Smart Sensors: This air purifier is integrated with smart sensors that consistently monitor the air around it. If they sense any air quality change, they will automatically adjust the speed of the air purifier in order to remove any pollutants and create a clean and fresh environment.
- 4 control settings: The Winix WAC9500 Ultimate air-purifier features 4 settings that you can manually or remotely set in order to keep your home clean.
- 5-stage filtration system: the Winix WAC9500 Ultimate air-purifier uses a 5-stage filtration to completely eliminate hair, dander, and odor of your pets hence leaving your house feeling fresh and comfortable.
- Auto dim feature: This feature senses the amount of ambient light in the room and then allows the air purifier to display either the normal bright LED or a dimmed LED light. This makes the air purifier perfect for use in bedrooms where sleeping occurs.
- A LED filter-replacement alert: This air purifier is equipped with an advanced control panel that will display a LED alert when the filters need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Washable filters: This air filter comes with a washable odor control carbon filter and Pre-Filter that actually makes the unit very easy to maintain while extending the life of the filters before a replacement.
- It uses true HEPA-Filtration to capture 99.99% of airborne pollutants, pet dander, and allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
- It features a washable odor-control carbon filter and Pre-Filter that facilitate for extended life of your filters before making a replacement.
- It uses PlasmaWave-technology to attack pollutants at a molecular level in order to neutralize viruses, bacteria, odors, and gases in the air.
- The integrated Odour, Dust, and Light Sensors help to automatically adjust the air-cleaner settings in order to meet the needs of your environment.
- This air purifier uses a 5-stage filtration system to completely eliminate any hair, dander, and odor of your pet leaving you with a comfortable environment.
- It's Clean Air Delivery Air Tested (CADR).In fact, the higher the CADR numbers, the faster the unit cleans the air.
- Smaller room coverage: the Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Pet True HEPA Air Cleaner only works perfectly in rooms of up to 283 sq. ft. This implies that it can’t be used in large living rooms like other advanced air purifiers on the market.
- It lacks a real handle that you can hold to move it around your home hence making it very prone to accidental drops.
IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier
Number One Choice Of Asthma And Allergy Sufferers
|Coverage||700 – 800 sq.|
|4-stage filtration system||Yes|
|Filter life monitor||Yes|
|6 different fun-settings||Yes|
|Dimensions||16 x 15 x 28 inches|
Our Review & What We Like About This Model:
- HyperHEPA filtration technology: This technology helps to effectively trap particles of all sizes which include; dust, pet dander, smoke, viruses, and other allergens. in fact, IQAir’s HyperHEPA filtration is tested and certified to filter 99.5% of all particles including those as small as to 0.003 microns.
- 4-Stage Filtration System: The IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier features a 4-stage filtration system that helps to all types of particles, gases, and odors hence leaving your house feeling fresh at all times.
- Wide coverage: The IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier can actually clean air in rooms as large as 700-800 sq. feet in about 24 hours. This actually makes it a perfect air purifier for use in sitting rooms, bedrooms, and other wide spaces within your home.
- Noise reduction Technology: This air purifier features a unique system that helps to reduce on noise-levels. In fact, the fans are installed in-between the filter and this helps to significantly reduce sound. Lastly, this air purifier is virtually silent when set to the lowest setting thus making it perfect for use in bedrooms.
- Filter LED indicators: The IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier features a LED display that indicates the 4-stages of the filter life-cycle and will let you know when a particular filter needs to be replaced.
- Energy efficient: The IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier is very energy efficient whereby it will save you a lot of money on electricity bills. In fact, this air purifier uses less power than a conventional light bulb hence making it a perfect choice for any home.
- This air purifier can filter ultrafine particles as small as .003 microns thus leaving your house entirely fresh and clean.
- It works perfectly for Asthma and Allergy sufferers because it was approved by the American Lung Association.
- The IQAir’s HyperHEPA filtration is tested and certified to filter 99.5% of all particles and gases compared to standard HEPA filtration systems.
- It is very energy efficient whereby it uses less power than a conventional light bulb hence saving you a lot of money on electricity bills.
- It features a LED display that indicates the 4-stages of filtration and even lets you know when the filters need to be replaced.
- It can be used in large rooms of up to 700 – 800 sq. feet thus making it a perfect appliance for big homes.
- It’s very quiet when operating because its fans are installed between filters and this helps to significantly reduce sound.
- The IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier is actually a bit expensive compared to other advanced air purifiers on the market.
- It lacks an inbuilt air-quality sensor yet most advanced air purifiers have this feature.
Categories: Home Products