10 Best Beard Styles Every Man Should Try
Today, there are multiple beard styles that men can choose from in order to help them achieve the desired look. However, you should know that there are also a lot of factors to consider when finding the right beard style that matches your facial features since various face shapes require various beard styles.
All in all, you should know that what looks great on other men may not look great on you and that is why you need to choose the right beard style.
Credit - Gillete
The Balbo is one of the most popular beard styles today and it is worn by most men including actors, musicians, etc. This beard style looks very simple and it is even very easy to style compared to other beard styles for men.
Match: The Balbo beard style will perfectly match men with narrow chins and slightly longer faces. so, if you have a narrow chin coupled with a long or square face shape, then this beard style will look great on you
How to Achieve a Balbo Beard-Style:
- First, grow a full beard in order to get enough hair for beard-shaping. Achieving a full -beard may take you about 4-weeks without shaving.
- Let your mustache grow also by waiting for about 4-weeks without shaving.
- Get a good electric razor to shave the hair on the sides and then use a straight razor to shape the Balbo beard style appropriately.
The Bandholz is a great beard style that was popularized by Eric Bandholz the founder of Beardbrand. This beard style looks full with an elongated mustache that gives men an outstanding appearance. All in all, the good thing about this beard style is that it can be kept freely unlike other beard styles.
Match: The Bandholz beard style will look great on men with Triangle, Inverted Triangle, Oblong, Oval and Diamond face shapes.
How to achieve the Bandholz Beard-style:
- Let your beard grow for about 4-months in-order to achieve that full-length appearance.
- After 4-7 months, get an electric razor and then begin trimming and shaping your beard.
- Trim the stray hairs of the beard during the shaping process and then style the mustache as desired.
Most men prefer not to grow their beards in order to keep their faces looking tidy and clean. So, they will go for a clean-shaven beard style and this style will never be out of trend, especially for men in the corporate world. In fact, research shows that women prefer men with clean-shaven beards compared to those with other grown beard styles.
Match: The Clean-shaven beard style will actually look great on all face shapes and this implies that all men can have this beard style.
How to achieve a clean shaven beard style:
- Get a good trimmer, disposable razor, or electric razor that will help to reduce on skin-irritation when shaving.
- Apply shaving cream to your grown beard and then smoothly shave it off completely.
- Apply an aftershave in-order to get that refreshing touch and smell.
A circle beard is also known as a "Standard-Beard" and it’s actually a combination of a mustache and rounded goatee bead-styles. This beard style looks tidy and this makes it a better option for men who prefer to look presentable without letting go of their beard.
Match: The circle beard style will look great on people with oval and round face shapes.
How to achieve a circle beard style:
- Grow your beard to a reasonable length to avoid over-trimming/shaving.
- Visit the saloon to achieve a perfect circle shape because it’s easy to create by yourself.
- After achieving the right look, you can do the succeeding trimmings on your own.
The Extended Goatee is also known as the tailback or Hollywoodian. This beard style is a combination of a goatee and a mustache. In fact, this style is different from a full beard because it requires taking-off hair on the sideburns.
Match: An extended goatee will look great on men with square and oval face shapes.
How to achieve the extended goatee beard style:
- Grow your facial hair to medium-stubble before shaping the beard.
- Take off all the hair on the sideburns while adjusting the width according to your preferences.
- Shape and style your mustache afterward in order to achieve the desired look.
Friendly Mutton Chops:
The Friendly Mutton Chops are also referred to as sideburns or side-whiskers. This beard style actually looks classy and will look great on most men especially those who would love to achieve a vintage look.
Match: This beard style will look great on circular or square face shapes.
How to achieve friendly mutton chops beard style:
- Let the sideburns and mustache grow until they meet.
- Trim off all the hair on the chin up to the lower-lip area.
- Keep the sideburns growing until they achieve a fluffy look.
A Full-beard is the manliest and most preferred beard style among men. in fact, when a full beard is well-groomed, it will look more attractive on you because it accentuates your facial features better.
Match: This beard style will look great on men with Diamond, Triangle or Inverted Triangle face shapes.
How to achieve the full beard style:
- Grow facial hair until it looks long enough or fulls all the face. In fact, a full beard depends on your genetics.
- Shape your beard evenly using a good electric razor.
- Stop shaving for about 6-weeks in-order to attain a full-beard look.
- Trim afterward to maintain your looks.
If you don’t have enough time to keep the beard looking kempt or neat, then the Garibaldi beard style will work perfectly for you. The Garibaldi is a bit shorter than the Bandholz and this implies that it should be trimmed at least once in a while.
Match: The Garibaldi beard style will work perfectly for people with oval and rectangular face shapes.
How to achieve garibaldi beard style:
- Grow the beard for about 4-months until it reaches 15-20cm.
- Trim and shape the lower section from time to time to achieve a round look.
- No styling tools are required because the beard has to look natural.
The imperial is not actually a beard style but a mustache but you can integrate it with your sideburns and chin-beards. However, keep the beard simple so as to keep the imperial mustache as the highlight of the face.
Match: The Imperial beard style is perfect for rectangular and oblong face shapes.
This is the simplest among all beard styles and this is mainly because it’s very easy to maintain since there is no special method to achieving this look. This beard style looks manly and doesn't make any man look untidy.
Match: The short stubble will look great on all face shapes making it a perfect choice for all men.
Categories: Mens Hairstyles