Tips On How to Get Thick Hair Quickly
Most women really love having thick-hair but getting this type of hair means that you need to take good care of your hair by simply avoiding the use of chemical-based hair-products, avoiding heat styling-tools, going on a well-balanced diet and a lot more. However, if your hair fails to become thick even after taking good care of it, then consider going for specialized hair-treatments like hair-growth products, hair-extensions or even transplants. So, below are some of the methods that will help you grow thick-hair.
METHOD-1: How to care for hair inorder to make it grow thick:
- Avoid using chemical based hair-products: you will actually have to stop using chemical-based hair-products like shampoos, conditioners and other styling-products that contain harsh-chemicals. In fact, most hair-products contain chemicals that are just effective at cleaning-up hair but may cause damage to hair. For example, sodium-laurel and laureth-sulfates are common cleaning agents found in most shampoos but they actually strip hair of its natural-oils and even cause hair to become weak and fall-out over time. So, inorder to achieve healthy and thick hair you will need to start using organic hair-products made out of natural-oils.
- Never wash your hair daily: human-scalps produce natural-oils that help to coat hair and protect it from any outside damage. So, washing hair daily removes these oils thus making hair weaker and dry over-time. So, it’s recommended to wash your hair for about 2-to-3 times a week for best results. Additionally, use a dry-shampoo to treat your hair in-between washes because this will help to keep hair looking fresh and thicker.
- Use essential-oils to make your hair thick: you may also consider using essential-oils to thicken your hair naturally. These essential-oils include; lavender, chamomile, rosemary, thyme, cedar-wood, geranium, almond-oil, coconut-oil and a lot more. In fact, applying and massaging about 10-to-20 drops of any essential-oil into your scalp and hair-tips will help to thicken your hair-follicles in the long-run.
- Treat hair gently inorder to decrease on hair-loss: your hair can’t become thick if you don’t treat it gently. So, treating your hair gently inorder to reduce on hair-loss through the use of wide-toothed combs instead of hair-brushes and also try to remove any tangles within hair with care. Additionally, don’t dry-up your hair roughly after washing it but instead pat or squeeze it gently with a towel. On the other hand, avoid hairstyles that can pull or stretch hair-strands and cause hair-breakage like ponytails, weaves and some braided hairstyles.
- Avoid using heat styling-tools over your hair: it’s highly recommended to use heat styling-tools on your hair inorder to keep healthy. In fact, if you really have to use heat styling-tools like blow-dryers, straight-irons and curling-irons over your hair then consider using them sparingly and at appropriate temperatures. In fact, such heat styling-tools cause hair to become dry and brittle thus affecting its growth-rate.
- Allow hair to grow in its natural color and texture: allow your hair to grow naturally by simply avoiding dyes, highlights and chemical-treatments. In fact, any type of chemical applied to your hair will damage hair-growth and even dry-out your hair. On the other hand, even some natural hair-lightening techniques like applying lemon-juice over hair can also cause hair to fray thus affecting its growth-rate and texture.
- Apply some volumizing products into your hair: try to wash your hair with a volumizing-shampoo inorder to add waves and volume to it and you may also use a volumizing-conditioner on your hair strands and roots every time you shampoo inorder to help your hair achieve a fuller appearance. On the other hand, consider using root-lifters and volumizing-sprays when styling hair inorder to achieve a fuller look. In fact, there are actually a lot of volume-boosting hair-products on the market but consider using the ones containing natural ingredients.
- Cut your hair short: cutting hair short actually helps to remove any dry and dead hair-ends thus giving your hair a new life. In fact, trimming your hair and letting it grow back again will help you get healthier and thicker hair with a fuller-appearance.
METHOD-2: How to get thick-hair through life-style changes:
- Eat a well-balanced diet with a lot of vitamin-B and iron: many women have thin-hair because they have nutrient-deficiencies. So, you need to go on well-balanced diet with plenty of vitamin-B and iron inorder to grow thick hair and to reduce on the amount of hair you shed. in fact, sources of vitamin-B include; vegetables, fruits, brown-rice, nuts and a lot more while sources of iron include; beef, lamb, fish, pork, poultry, vegetables and iron-rich grain products.
- Protect hair from any environmental chemicals and pollutants: you need to protect your hair from any dangerous-chemicals and environmental-toxins by simply wrapping your hair with a scarf or hat when walking through heavy-traffic, wearing a swim-cap in chlorinated swimming-pools and applying a heat-protection hairspray before going into the sun.
- Regularly massage the scalp using fingertips: massaging your scalp actually increases on the circulation of blood to scalp thus facilitating for healthy hair-growth. So, massage your scalp by moving your fingertips in little circular motions inorder to achieve effective hair-growth results.
- Observe your stress-levels: stressful circumstances often lead to hair-loss and that is why it’s very important to get rid of any sources of stress in your life inorder achieve healthy hair growth. In fact, there are various causes of stress and even thinning-hair itself can be a source of stress. However, just consider being calm in every situation within life inorder to help your hair grow healthier and thicker.
- Use an instant hair-thickener: today, instant hair-thickeners are becoming very common and these products help to give your hair a thicker appearance. In fact, hair-thickeners are in form of colored-sprays and creams that can be applied to color the scalp and give it an appearance of thicker hair. On the other hand, there are also nanogen, tiny keratin fibers which help to bind hair making it look thicker and these fibers actually wash-off easily. In fact, these keratin-fibers are a more flexible solution than hair-transplants.