Best Hair Dryers
10 Best Travel Hair Dryers With Dual Voltage – 2018 Review
What Is a Dual Voltage Hair Dryer?
It is always advised for people who are always on the move to acquire a dual voltage hair dryer however not everyone actually understands what a dual voltage hair dryer is. A dual voltage hair dryer is one with the ability to accept both 110/220 voltage as well as 220/240 voltage. This means that wherever you go you will be able to use the hair dryer and thus save yourself the frustration of your dryer failing to work in some countries due to wrong voltage.
10 BEST DUAL VOLTAGE TRAVEL HAIR DRYERS – 2018
- T3 Micro Featherweight Compact Folding Dryer – Check price on Amazon******
- Ionic Dual-Voltage Travel Hair Dryer – Check price on Amazon
- X5 Superlite 1600W Dual Voltage Travel Dryer – Check price on Amazon
- BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer – Check price on Amazon
- Travel Smart by Conair Folding Mini Hair Dryer – Check price on Amazon
- BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Travel Dryer – Check price on Amazon
- Conair 1875 Watt Compact Folding Handle Styler / Hair Dryer with Dual Voltage – Check price on Amazon
- Kadori Professional Travel Blow Salon Hair Dryer Plug N Go – Check price on Amazon
- Hot Tools Professional Ht1044 Ionic 1875 Watt Travel Dryer with Folding Handle and Dual Votage – Check price on Amazon
- Bed Head 1875 Watt Road Trip Travel Dryer – Check price on Amazon
- 10 Best Hair Straighteners / Flat Irons
- 10 Best Hair Dryers For Frizzy Hair
- 10 Best Affordable Hair Dryers
- 10 Best Hair Dryers for Women
- 10 Best Portable / Lightweight Hair Dryers
- 10 Best Hair Dryers For Fine Hair
- 10 Best Hair Dryer For Thick Hair
- 10 Best Quiet Hair Dryers (Low Noise)
- 10 Best Babyliss Hair Dryers
What To Look for when choosing a Dual Voltage Hair dryer for travel?
The perfect dual voltage hair dryer for travel must not miss out on the features that I am about to list down below reason being with these features your styling tool will guarantee convenience and reliability all through the trip.
- Type of plug adapter: they are basically two types of plug adapters, an adapter and a converter. A converter has the ability to change the plug’s voltage which means it changes the rate at which electricity flows to the blow dryer. On the other hand an adapter does totally nothing to tamper with the flow of electricity therefore what your dual voltage hair dryer needs is an adapter reason being it is already designed to function excellently with any voltage so there is really no need for you to buy a converter for it.
- Diffuser: it is very important that you look out for a hair dryer with a diffuser because when you blow dry with a diffuser you hair is less like to become frizzy. You must also consider the plug options that it has, a diffuser with three plug options will be the best choice to make and of course it should be one that accommodated both 110 volts and 240 volts.
- Main plug: if you are considering travelling to many different places or countries, you must know that plug types are different in different countries so your travel blow dryer’s adaptor should be able to function in multiple plug types. It is very essential that you check the main plug before you go ahead to plug the blow dryer in so that you avoid suffering from any sort of electrical accidents.
How To Minimize Hair Damage When Blowing Hair?
All kinds of heat styling can be dangerous to your hair depending on how often you use heat tools and how well you go about the procedure. When using a hair dryer, there are several tips that you can use to minimize damage and below are those tips:
Towel-Dry Your Hair Before Blow-Drying
- Avoid drying soaking wet hair: it is very important that you first of all use a clean soft fabric towel to dry out most of the moisture after washing your hair before you can go ahead and use your blow dryer. You should use the blow dryer only when your hair is about 60% dry. By drying your hair while it is still dripping wet means that you will be exposing more to heat damage as it will take a lot more time to dry than it should. Additionally, you will also be making it more prone to frizz. After thoroughly washing your hair, gently pat it with a towel thereafter wait a few minutes between 10-15 depending on how thick your hair is and then you can get it completely dry with a blow dryer.
- Always detangle with a wide toothed comb: drying your hair when it is all full of tangles puts it at high risk of breakage it is therefore very essential that when it 60% dry you comb through with a wide toothed comb, remember that your hair is very delicate when wet so be extremely gentle when combing. Tangled hair takes longer to dry and breaks very easily so by any chance don’t risk drying your hair before combing it to ensure that it is completely tangle free.
Hair Products To Use
- Heat protectant: if there is any product that you shouldn’t fail to use, it is the heat protectant this is simply because it creates a layer between the heat that your blow dryer produces and your hair cuticle to reduce the damage that heat causes when it gets in direct contact with your hair. Especially if you are planning to use any other hot tools such as a curling iron or straightening iron, it is a must to apply a heat protectant spray.
- Detangling spray: when hair is too tangled combing might be even more dangerous so in such cases is advisable to first of apply detangling spray. It makes hair softer and moisturized so that combing through as you blow dry isn’t that dangerous.
Blow-Drying Techniques To Minimize Heat Damage
- Use low-medium: you many want to work with the highest heat setting as it dries hair much faster and you spend less time at it but the consequences are terrible as it is highly dangerous to your hair. The best heat setting to use is the low-medium setting, yes it takes a bit more time to dry the hair than the high setting but it greatly saves your hair from all of that heat damage.
- Hold the dryer inches away from the hair: don’t bring the dryer more than 8 inches closer to your hair to cut down chances of your hair getting overheated. It is advised that you don’t hold it too close but also don’t hold it so far from as it might end up not drying the hair well, it should be just a few inches away.
- Don’t concentrate on just one section: keep moving the hair dryer to different sections to ensure even distribution of heat on all parts of the hair. Focusing on one particular section causes hair to overheat and thus making it weak. As you blow dry keep rotating the dryer around in circular motions.
- Make use of the cool setting: after completely drying your hair you need t make use of the cool setting, it is doesn’t only lock moisture into hair cuticles but also reduces temperature so that your style remains the same all day long.
How To Reduce Hair-Drying Time
- Try buying professional hair dryer: if your current hair dryer is not getting your hair completely dry on lower settings or is taking way too long to get it dry then you might have to switch to another hair dryer, this time it should be one of the professional hair dryers. Some professional hair dryers are ionic while others are ceramic. Ceramic dryers produce even heat that causes no damage or very little damage to your hair while the ionic dryers produce negative ions and dry hair within a very short period of time which is why they are highly recommended for dried, damaged and very thick hair that takes long to dry.
OUR BEST TRAVEL HAIR DRYERS WITH A DUAL VOLTAGE – 2018 REVIEW
T3 Micro Featherweight Compact Folding Dryer
- Dual voltage
- Tourmaline Softaire
- Compact design
- Multiple settings
- 9 foot cord
- Light weight
- Travel tote
The T3 Micro Featherweight Compact Folding Dryer in its small and compact body packs all the features that full size dryers have to make your whole blow drying process as easy as never before. This hair dryer is designed with ceramic, T3 tourmaline and superior Softaire technology which produces infra red heat in high volumes filled with negative ions. This technology also produces soft air at an incredibly high speed to ensure that your hair dries within the least possible time thus limiting chances of it getting damaged by heat. Additionally it is made with wide cone shaped nozzle through which air is blown out to larger sections of your hair thus contributing to you finishing up the whole process in less time. It offers two speed settings as well as two heat settings making it ideal for different hair types and textures yet it is also detailed with cool shot feature which is responsible for long lasting and healthy results. It flaunts a very durable scratch resistant surface, operates quietly and weighs really light which all together makes it extremely easy and convenient to use. Its 9 feet cord gives you the flexibility you need as the unique handle folds away for quick packing to save you from wasting a lot of time creating space for the hair dryer.
- Light weight and very quiet: besides its exceptional performance the T3 Micro Featherweight Compact Folding Dryer is one of the most convenient hair dryers to use. it is a very light tool to the extent that even if you have really thick hair that takes a bit more time to dry you hands will not get worn out at the end of the session. Along with the light weight that it has, it also operates quietly allowing you to dry you hair without necessarily worrying about irritating anyone around you or even yourself. Contrary to other hair dryers that make that annoying buzzing sound as soon as they are turned on, this hair dryer remains silent all through the blow drying process.
- Very durable: this is a very long lasting hair dryer, designed to ensure that you can always take it along with you on all your journeys for several years. It is housed in a scratch resistant surface to keep it looking new even after years of use. Because it is built with quality there is definitely no need for you to worry about it getting spoilt only after a few times of use, the T3 Micro Featherweight Compact Folding Dryer is worth spending some money on.
- Multiple settings for excellent performance: along with the cool shot button which is meant for adding that attractive shiny finish and keeping your style in place all day long, the T3 Micro Featherweight Compact Folding Dryer also comes with two speed settings and two heat settings to ensure that it caters for all your hair needs. If you have fine or normal hair it is advisable to use the low speed and low heat setting but if you have thick and coarse hair it will be better to use the higher speed and higher heat setting to dry your hair.
- It reduces frizz while increasing shine: the T3 Micro Featherweight Compact Folding Dryer features tourmaline softaire technology. This technology enables the dryer to give off a high volume of air filled with ceramic and tourmaline infrared heat flowing in cone shape so that larger sections of your hair are dried in every pass. This way the dryer leaves your hair with a very appealing shiny appearance and it is less likely to become frizzy.
- Speedy and healthy hair drying: the air produced by this hair dryer is filled with negative ions which hurriedly seal the hair cuticle and get rid of static energy thus greatly aiding in retaining the hair’s natural moisture and preventing it from running dry, flaking and easy breakage. You will spend very little time drying your hair while using the T3 but most importantly it leaves your hair very healthy.
- Nozzle falls off easily: the major con that I found about this the T3 hair dryer is that its nozzle fall off so easily when you are folding it away for storage or even during use some times. This means that you need to be very careful to prevent it from falling off or else you will have to go through the frustration of replacing the nozzle every time it falls off.
Ionic Dual-Voltage Travel Hair Dryer
- 1875 power wattage
- True dual voltage (125 volts and 250 volts modes)
- 75 inch cord
- Negative ion emission
- Foldable handle
Many hair dryers are labeled to have dual voltage when it is actually not true however the Brookstone Ionic Dual-Voltage Travel Hair Dryer is not one of those. This is a compact hair dryer with true dual voltage so all the travelers can know they found the perfect tool to take to any destination of their choice. Being really powerful it delivers up to 1875 watts of power which dries your hair at a very high speed. It features the 250 volt mode and 125 volt mode so besides you having the freedom to use both modes, it is also super easy for you to switch to whichever mode is appropriate with only the flick of a button. This dual voltage hair dryer is infused with an ionizer that produces negative ions to interrupt with all those positive ions emitted by convectional dryers and the environment which would rather be very dangerous to your hair. With this ionizer it your hair will gain more volume, a better texture, doesn’t become prone to frizz and remains very healthy. Its cord is long enough and I am more in love with the fact that its handle is foldable, it makes storage very simple.
- It gets rid of odors and smoke: different from other hair dryers that produce smoke and irritating odors, the Brookstone Ionic Dual-Voltage Travel Hair Dryer does the complete opposite as it removes environmental odors and other kinds of smoke that would rather be dangerous to both your health and the environment too. Moving with this dryer will be good for you simply because it is such an environment friendly tool.
- It dries hair very quickly: the perfect hair dryer should be able to dry your hair within a short period of time and at a low heat setting, this is exactly what the Brookstone Ionic Dual-Voltage Travel Hair Dryer does. It is a strong dryer with 1875 power output which is what enables it to dry hair quickly thus limiting the damage heat would have caused to your hair since it cuts down on the period of time that your hair would have been exposed to that heat. We all know that the longer you expose your hair to heat the worse the damage it causes even if it is on the low setting. With such a hair dryer, your hair drying sessions will be even more fun since you know will not have to spend an entire lifetime just drying your hair especially for those that have extremely tight schedules.
- Adds volume and reduces frizz: the Brookstone Ionic Dual-Voltage Travel Hair Dryer is infused with an ionizer which produces ions that are negatively charged in order to eliminate the positive ions produced by convectional hair dryers and the environment. Once positive ions are blocked from getting close to your hair it is much safer from all sorts of damage such as breakage, running dry and becoming frizzy. This hair dryer is also great for those that love the outstanding and sexy appearance of volumised hair because it is very good at adding volume as it dries your hair.
- Convenience and ease of use: with its long cord measuring 69inches and foldable handle, this hair dryer is very convenient and easy to use as it allows you to quickly reach out to different parts of your hair or blow dry from any spot of your choice. After your blow drying session you simply have to fold it and fit it inside its storage case. It’s compact and foldable design makes it not only perfect for storage but also super convenient for travels.
- Doesn’t come with a travel bag; being a travel hair dryer everyone would expect the Brookstone Ionic Dual-Voltage Travel Hair Dryer to come with a travel tote or bag just like most of the high quality travel hair dryers. However this is not the case, this travel dryer doesn’t come with a carrying bag which means you will have to spend extra money on buying a travel case for storing it or when it is time to hit the road.
3. X5 Superlite 1600W Dual Voltage Travel Dryer
- Feather light (1 pound weight)
- 1600 watts out put
- Foldable handle
- 125/ 250 dual voltage
The X5 Superlite Dual Voltage Ceramic-Ionic Travel Dryer is another great hair dryer that the travelers will completely in love with. This dryer’s power output is 1600watts and comes with a diffuse allowing you to get the amazing results you are looking for. For added convenience, this dryer has been designed with a folding handle that enables you to easily and quickly pack it along with all other items that you will be taking on your trip. The X5 superlite dryer weighs just one pound, being this light it is super portable making it really easy for you to use and carry around. The most outstanding feature of the fact that its heating element is infused with solid ceramic stones, these produce negatively charged ions in large amounts which give your hair a very smooth shiny and attractive finish as they lock moisture in the hair cuticle while you blow dry unlike other hair dryers. It is made with just two heat settings the low and high heat setting to cater for various hair types.
- It dries hair very quickly: one of the most advantages of the X5 Superlite Dual Voltage Ceramic-Ionic Travel Dryer is its quick drying time. If you are the kind of person that hates to spend a lot of time styling your hair, this is absolutely the perfect hair dryer to go in for. Its ability to dry hair within a really short time is attributed to its high power output of 1600watts which delivers heat at a faster speed. This way your hair will not be exposed to heat for long hours to hurt it. This is one of the characteristics of any high quality hair dryer, it should dry your hair quickly.
- It doesn’t cause hair damage: while some people say the best way to prevent causing your hair damage is by not using styling tools I feel like the quality of styling tool you use also greatly affects how bad the damage will be. This is why you need to be very careful with the blow dryer that you choose to use on your gorgeous hair, for example try the X5 Superlite Dual Voltage Ceramic-Ionic Travel Dryer first of all because it is a high quality dryer and secondly because it is proven to cause no or very minimal damage to your hair.
- It is perfect for those with curly hair: unlike other hair dryers that don’t come with a diffuser leaving you with the burden of buying it separately, the X5 Superlite Dual Voltage Ceramic-Ionic Travel Dryer comes with a tourmaline diffuser with extra smooth and soft tips which makes it perfect for curly hair. Curly hair is a lot more prone to frizz compared to straight hair, therefore professionals advise that you use a diffuser when blow drying curly hair to prevent from getting frizzy. Since the X5 dryer comes along with a diffuser it is such a great option for anyone with curly hair.
- It produces plenty of power but light weight: the fact that the X5 Superlite Dual Voltage Ceramic-Ionic Travel Dryer delivers high power output doesn’t make it any heavier. This is a light weight hair dryer that fits well in your hands to give you the comfort you need to work on your hair even if it is for long hours.
- It misses out on the cool setting: the X5 Superlite Dual Voltage Ceramic-Ionic Travel Dryer offers both the low and high heat setting however it misses out on the cool shot button which is very essential for giving your style that perfect long lasting finish. For such a great quality dryer the, cool button shouldn’t have been an exception.
4. BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer
- 1000 watt output
- One pound weight
- Foldable handle
- Infra red heat
- 12 months limited warranty
- Tourmaline titanium technology
- Removable filter cover
With its small size and incredible power, the BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer will definitely satisfy your needs as a person who is always on the move. The compact dryer produces up to 1000watts of power while its dual voltage functionality allows you to use it in any part of the world that you wish to go to. To make it even more convenient for travel, this tool has been designed with a folding handle that makes it really easy to pack. Because it is packed with pure gemstone tourmaline crystals, this dryer has the ability to give off negative or natural ions which leave your hair shiny and looking healthy by getting rid of all that static energy. The BaBylissPRO doesn’t produce just any heat but rather produces far-infrared heat that is well known for drying hair much faster to save it from the damage of being exposed to heat for long hours. Its clever size and really lightweight allow you to create your style exactly as you would want it since the dryer is easier to maneuver to all parts of your head. It’s if filter cover is removable, this way you will find it real simple to clean your tool and leaving it ready for the next session of use.
- It is recommended for dry hair: dry hair can easily get damaged by heat reason being it is highly prone to frizz, it is weaker and can break easily however for anyone who is finding hard time getting the perfect hair dryer for that dry hair, you need to try the BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer. This hair dryer produces natural ions as it is infused with pure gemstone tourmaline crystals. These negative ions help to get rid of static energy that causes hair your dry hair to get frizzy and flaky and instead locks the hair cuticle to lock natural moisture in and give your hair that smooth and shiny finish.
- Less time drying hair: the BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer produces far-infra red heat which doesn’t only reduce hair damage but also enables hair to dry up much faster. Like I said before if the blow dryer can get your hair dry with in a shorter period of time then it is reducing the chances of hair getting damage since I will not be so much exposed to heat styling. Having this hair dryer will get you excited for every styling session instead of getting you worried and all frustrated.
- Great for travelling: in case you are planning on hitting the road for whatever type of trip don’t let your hair ruin your journey when the BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer can have all your hair problems sorted on your way. It is designed with foldable handle and an incredibly lightweight just to make sure that you can easily pack the dryer when it is time to go. It is a dual voltage hair dryer which easily switches between voltages depending on where you are so you won’t fail to make use of your hair dryer due to wrong voltage in some countries.
- Delivers saloon quality results: the BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer doesn’t deliver just any results but rather gives you the same excellent results you would get from the saloon. Instead of wasting money paying a hair stylist every twice a week, you can purchase this great quality hair dryer and enjoy many years of good looking hair while saving your money for something else.
- It tends to overheat sometimes: the problem with this BaBylissPRO Tourmaline Titanium Travel Dryer is that sometimes it over heats and ends up over burning your hair which is extremely dangerous for you as an individual and for your hair too. Even when adjusted to the lower heat setting the dryer just seems to heat up so much.
5. Travel Smart by Conair Folding Mini Hair Dryer
- 1875 power watts
- Two heat settings
- Two speed settings
- Compact design with travel case
- Removable air filter
- Dual voltage
- Folding handle
- Light weight
- 5 foot cord
- 5 pounds weight
There is no need to worry about bad hair days when during trips when you can get yourself an excellent travel hair dryer just like the Travel Smart by Conair Dual Voltage 1875 Watt Hair Dryer. Just like many high quality travel hair dryers, it is also features a compact design with an ergonomic folding handle for added ease and convenience while you get rid to go on that trip. For versatility the Conair dual voltage dryer offers two speeds as well as two heat settings so that you choose any setting that is most appropriate for the particular hair type that you have. It has a removable air filter that makes cleaning super easy for you and being a dual voltage dryer, you can definitely take it to any destination of your choice. The Travel Smart by Conair only weighs 1.5 pounds and its handle is foldable which means packing and carrying it around will not be a hassle for you. There is absolutely no reason for you to go on that without your hair dryer when it is this ready to go with you.
- Perfect for all your styling needs: the Travel Smart by Conair Dual Voltage hair dryer is perfect for all your styling needs all thanks to its ability to offer two speed setting, two heat settings and the cool shot button. This therefore means that whether you have fine hair or thick coarse hair you will still find the hair dryer very helpful. It is super easy to select any of the settings because its button is strategically located and super easy to adjust.
- Extremely easy to clean: using a dirty hair dryer will make your hair dirty too so much as some people never pay a lot of attention to cleaning it, doing so is very necessary. When it comes to cleaning the Travel Smart by Conair Dual Voltage hair dryer you will not find any difficulties reason being this dryer features a removable air filter, you simply have to take the filter off, clean it and place it back then you will be good to go.
- Exceptional quality and compact design: the Travel Smart by Conair Dual Voltage hair dryer also stands out from many others due to its incredibly high quality and compact design. With such a tough construction you are guaranteed to enjoy its excellent performance for a really long period of time. it is good value for your money, don’t think twice before trying it out.
- Easily switches from 120 volts to 220volts: the Travel Smart by Conair Dual Voltage travel hair dryer changes from one voltage to another only with the touch of a button. There is no need for you to walk around with a converter when you can have a hair dryer that works with any voltage, travelling just got a lot more convenient for you.
- Short cord: the fact that its cord is short, it becomes really difficult for you to reach out to some parts of the head. If at all you over stretch while blow drying, you might end unplugging it and having to go through the whole starting process all over. A short cord limits you so much on how far you should stretch making it hard for you to achieve the same excellent and seven results all through.
- Only works on low heat setting at 240 volts: this Travel Smart by Conair Dual Voltage is a dual voltage hair dryer but surprisingly when switched in 240 voltage only the low heat setting works, it doesn’t seem to adjust to a higher heat setting on that particular voltage. For people who would like to dry hair faster, this is quite frustrating as they have to bear with the low heat setting that takes long to get hair dry.
This marks the end of this detailed review on the ‘’Best Travel Hair Dryer (with dual voltage) – 2018. Bookmark this post for future reference.