10 Best Curling Irons 2018 Review – All Top Rated
How to Curl Hair with a Curling Iron
- Turn on the curling iron for it to heat up; plug the curling iron into the closest power outlet, press the start button and select the temperature setting that you would like to use. The thickness of your hair will help you determine which temperature setting to use, if your hair is very thick turn it to 420-430 degrees and if your hair is just fine choose a lower heat setting probably 320 degrees. Please keep in mind that the lower the heat setting you choose the lower the damage it is likely to cause to hair.
- Gently comb through the hair; you need to ensure that your hair is entirely free of any tangles before you go ahead and start curling it. Begin by thoroughly washing your hair, then make it damp with a clean towel and thereafter blow dry to remove even the slightest bit of moisture that is left. Use a wide toothed comb to gently comb through your hair and get rid of any tangles that might interrupt your curling process and make hair soft. It is very dangerous for you to curl your hair when it is still wet.
- Spray your hair with some heat protectant; you need to make sure that your hair is completely safe from heat damage therefore apply the heat protectant so that it creates blockage between your hair and the curling iron while giving that attractive shiny appearance. This way heat will not reach your hair strands directly to make them weak.
- Divide your hair into sections; separate your hair into three or four section and use hair clippers to hold the hair up so that you can work on one particular section of your hair without any interruption from the rest of the hair.
- Begin curling the hair; grab a small inch of your hair and fold it around the curling iron’s barrel without letting go of the end of the strand. The clamp hair inside the curling iron for a few seconds and there after loosen your hair out. Remember that is that if the strand you are working on is too thick it will tamper with heat distribution and prevent you from getting the superb results you are looking for. Therefore you must work on a reasonable sized strand at a time for the best results.
- Repeat procedure on the rest of your hair; continue with the process until you have been able to work on each of the sections your created and you are now sure that all your hair has been curled. And with that you will be through with curling your hair.
10 BEST CURLING IRONS – 2018
- Mr Big Curling Iron, Extra Long Ceramic – The Best Curling Iron for Long Hair – Check price on Amazon*****
- HerStyler Silk Ceramic Touch Set – 1.5” Ceramic Flat Iron – Check price on Amazon
- xtava Auto Styler – Professional Auto Rotating Curling Iron – Check price on Amazon
- Hot Tools Professional Jumbo 1 Inch Curling Iron – Check price on Amazon
- Bed Head Deep Waver – Check price on Amazon
- Hot Tools Professional 1102 Curling Iron with Multi-Heat Control – Check price on Amazon
- Remington CI95AC2 T|Studio Salon Collection Pearl Digital Ceramic Curling Wand – Check price on Amazon
- ELFINA Automatic Curling Iron – Check price on Amazon
- The Beachwaver Beach Waver Pro Curling Iron – Check price on Amazon
- Sultra The Bombshell Rod Curling Iron – Check price on Amazon
- 10 Best Hair Dryers for Women
- 10 Best Hair Dryers For Frizzy Hair
- 10 Best Affordable Hair Dryers
- 10 Best Hair Dryers For Fine Hair
- 10 Best Hair Straighteners / Flat Irons
How Can You Make Your Hair Curly Without A Curling Iron?
A curling iron is not the only tool you can use to make your curly there are several methods that you can try out to curl your hair and even protect it from the heat of curling irons.
Using braids to curl your hair;
- It is best to work on your hair at night or in the evening
- Wash your hair with your favorite shampoo and brush through to make hair soft and free from tangles.
- Apply mousse from the roots to the ends of the hair and massage through the scalp for better distribution of the mousse
- Choose the type of curls you want, the small the braid strand the tighter the braids and the large the braid strand the looser your curls will be
- Divide the hair into sections
- Braid your hair, make your braids are neat enough to have well defined curls and tie elastic bands at the ends of the braid strand so that it doesn’t come out.
- Leave the braids in all through the night, after braiding just go to sleep
- Remove the braids and let your hair free. You can use your finger tips to fluff and add a more a natural look to your hair.
Using retro rollers to curl your hair;
- Wash your hair with shampoo at night
- Make use of a comb or brush to remove all tangles
- With your hair just damp not dripping wet, add mousse starting from the roots and going all the way to the ends.
- Choose the size of rollers you want to use, larger rollers create loose curls while the small sized one create tighter curls
- Start inserting the rollers, your hair should be damp and if it is feeling dry already spray some water on to it to make it a bit wet before you roll in onto the rollers. Take small size strands and wrapping them around your rollers starting from the ends rolling in to the roots until all your hair is wrapped around the rollers.
- Prevent the rollers from coming out using hair clippers or bobby pins and go to sleep.
- Remove the rollers when you wake up in the morning and gently comb through from the roots with a wide toothed comb
- You can finish at this stage or you might as well go ahead to pass your fingers through the hair to loosen the curls if that’s what you want.
Using bobby pins to curl your hair;
- As long as your hair is clean there will be no need for you to get it so wet, you can simply spritz it with some water using a spray bottle. Just to get the hair damp.
- Smoothen hair and get rid of all tangles by combing or brushing through but be very gentle to prevent hurting your hair
- Section your hair into two parts, the bottom and top part, this way you will work on the bottom part without hair from the top section interrupting you.
- Fold a small sized strand around your finger starting from the ends going all the way to the scalp.
- Slowly pull your fingers out of the hair but don’t release the hair you just folded down and then secure it more with bobby pins. To get the best curls try to secure that part as properly as you can.
- Move to the next section and also pin hair down like you did with the first part, continue until all you finish pinning all your hair.
- Wait for about 60 minutes so that your hair dries thoroughly well
- Get the pins out after hair has dried and define curls with your fingers.
Using fabric to curl your hair;
- Find an old shirt and cut into pieces of 1 inch width. Cut the shirt into around 12 pieces or more
- In the night wash your hair to get rid of any dirt and work on it when it is spotless clean
- Comb through and apply mousse endeavoring to spread it evenly all through the hair
- Grab a small section of your hair and tie one piece of the cut cloth to its end, then fold down the hair and secure it better with that same cloth. Make sure you tie the cloth into a knot when you finish folding it so that hair is firmly secured down to the scalp. And thus you will have very beautiful curls in the morning.
- Untie each of the pieces of cloth carefully while releasing your hair
- Pass your fingers through each strand to make curls loose and give them more volume for the most natural appearance.
REVIEWS FOR BEST CURLING IRONS – 2018
Mr Big Curling Iron, Extra Long Ceramic – The Best Curling Iron for Long Hair
- 8 inch long barrel
- Rotating safety cool tip
- Triple plated ceramic coated barrel
- Rubberized handle
- Auto shut off
- Adjustable heat settings to 430degrees
- 360 degree swivel cord
The longer the hair the more difficult it become to curl however there is always a solution and the solution to curling your shoulder length or long hair is finally here, the Mr. big extra long ceramic curling iron. This curling iron has been designed with an extremely barrel measuring 8 inches which makes it super easy to us even on extra long hair with less hassle. It’s extremely long barrel is also coated with three plate ceramic which provides a very smooth surface for you to curl your hair without it becoming frizzy or without tugging and snagging. This coating at the same time helps to evenly distribute heat all through the curling process enabling you to have excellent results. This curling iron will give you the smoothest and most comfortable curling experience ever. Mr. big extra long ceramic curling iron heats up in just a few seconds and offers six different temperature settings for your to choose from, this gives you the chance to choose a temperature setting that you feel will work best for your hair type and texture. With three extra inches of length you will able to curl even the longest in just one pass which helps to save your hair the damage that comes from making multiple passes with the curling iron. This is definitely the perfect curling for you to get those sexy curls in your long hair without using too much effort.
- Made for all hair types; Mr big curling iron is that curling iron you need for your entire family and this is simply because it is specifically designed for all types of hair therefore you will use one tool for yourself, your younger daughter and even your sister and all of you will have the same great results. This curling iron provides six different temperature settings for you to choose from so that you select one that will perfectly work on your hair without causing it any kind of damage. Those with fine hair, the lower temperature settings will work for you while those with coarse and thick can go in for the high heat setting as it goes all the way to 430 degrees.
- Works excellently on long hair; for many people curling hair is not that simple and when it comes to long hair, the struggle is even harder however this Mr big curling iron is particularly designed to make things easier for those with extremely long hair. It is made with a very long barrel, probably the longest you have seen on the market, it is very large and measures 8 inches long which means it covers a wider surface area as compared to all other curling irons on the market. With such a long barrel curling your long will no longer be that much of a hassle and it will even take you less time to get the stunning look you want to have.
- Curls hair without making it frizzy; Mr big curling iron features a ceramic triple plate coated barrel, this makes it completely exceptional from the traditional curling irons that have metallic barrel. The ceramic coating provides a very smooth surface for curling your hair and also locks in moisture to ensure that your hair doesn’t become frizzy during the curling process. Yes curly hair is highly prone to frizz but when you are working with the right tools like this curling iron, you will definitely have the problem properly dealt with.
- Doesn’t require multiple passes; multiple passes besides being extremely dangerous to your hair, they also make the curling process really tiresome and this is exactly why this curling iron is made with three extra inches of length. This way you will be able to curl long hair in just one single pass as it covers more hair in helping you to finish up working on your within the least possible time.
- Quite hard to use on short hair; MR curling iron might be the best curling iron for long hair but if you have short hair, you will need to be extra careful to avoid burning your scalp. Its barrel is very long therefore as you work through those short hair strands it is becomes very easy for you to accidentally tap your skin with the barrel. This takes more time as you have to work on your short hair very slowly and carefully to prevent hurting yourself.
HerStyler Silk Ceramic Touch Set – 1.5” Ceramic Flat Iron
- 5 inch ceramic plates
- Negative ion technology
- 460 degree maximum temperature
- Easy grip handle
- 360 degree swivel cord
- Dual voltage
To get yourself that long lasting style with less damage causes to your hair, try out this saloon quality tool. HerStyler Silk Ceramic Flat Iron features infra red and negative ion technology which helps to counteract positive ions that are found in dry and damaged hair and thus giving your hair a shiny and healthy appearance after styling. Whenever you feel like, you can adjust the iron’s temperature depending on what your hair needs because it can go all the way to 460 degrees, this means that those that have very thick hair will benefit from it and so will those who have who have fine as they simply have to reduce the heat settings. HerStyler Silk Ceramic Flat Iron comes with a 360 degree swivel cord which rotates to all sides with easy so that you work on all sides of the head without finding any complications. For those who like to travel this is the curling iron that you should try out simply because it has dual voltage that enables it work anywhere you take it.
- Comes in a set; what we love most about this iron is that it comes in a whole set of items this means that you will have availed yourself with several tools all at once. In the set you will find a mini hair straightener, ceramic flat iron and the grand curler so you can be able to create whichever style you want using any of the tools in your amazing set. All the tools come in different sizes and most importantly they are all made of great quality just to ensure that they don’t cause any kind of damage to your hair but rather help you achieve your favorite look while keeping it very healthy.
- Offered at an amazing price; the set of tools in which the iron is found is offered at a very friendly price, you will enjoy the whole set of high quality tools without spending too much. Instead of having to spend lots of money at the saloon every now and then, you can enjoy a new style in just a matter of seconds with this full set. The three in one is here to have all of your hair needs worked on.
- Incredibly durable; the HerStyler Silk Ceramic Flat Iron is made with high quality materials to ensure long lasting durability of the tool. It is all covered in pretty non flaking colors and with its outstanding quality it can withstand daily use for years. This set is absolutely worth spending your money on unlike other overly expensive curling irons that will only last a year or even less.
- Really easy to use; there is totally nothing tricky or hard about using either the curling or any of the other tools in this set. They have all been conveniently designed to ensure that you don’t find any problems when it comes to operation. You just have to follow the directions of use as directed by the manufacturer and you will be good to go, in addition control buttons are strategically positioned for quick access.
- Produces strong smell when it heats up; the biggest disadvantage that we have discovered about HerStyler Silk Ceramic Flat Iron is the burning smell that it produces when it heats up. Some people find the smell irritating as it doesn’t fade away all through the curling session however this is not such a big issue to stop you from trying out the amazing performance of this iron.
xtava Auto Styler – Professional Auto Rotating Curling Iron
- In built hair clip
- 11 heat settings (210 -430 degrees)
- Ceramic tourmaline barrel
- Bi-directional auto rotating control
- 8 inch 360 degree swivel cord
- Clear LCD display
- Cool tip
- Auto shut off
- Universal dual voltage
- Accessories, zip travel case and resistant gloves
Whether you want to go in for those super feminine and sexy volumous curls, the more elegant tight curls or better yet the sophisticated loose curls, the Xtava Professional Auto Rotating Curling Iron is without a doubt the curling iron that your have been looking for. With just the push of a button, this curling iron will give you the exact look that you want to have as long as you wrap your hair around the barrel or clamp it in. It is designed with a very unique bi-directional automated barrel rotates to any direction to create your style as perfectly as you want while it is at the same time coated with ceramic tourmaline that offers a very smooth surface for you to curl your hair as comfortably as possible. With its ceramic barrel, it has the ability to continuously and evenly produce heat to give your hair that shiny effect as very long lasting style. The Xtava Professional Auto Rotating Curling Iron offers as many as 11 temperature settings for added control, this way you can be able to choose the most compatible temperature setting for your hair type. It also has more convenience features that you will greatly enjoy such as the auto shut off function and the long 360 degree swivel cord. There is no excuse you can give for not trying out this innovative and smart curling iron.
- Creates various kinds of curls; the Xtava professional curling iron will not only help you make your hair curly but it will give you different kinds of curly looks so that every day you will enjoy the confidence of walking out with a new look. With just the click of a button you can create either big volumous curls or simple loose waves, all you have to do is use the rotating curler without clamping your hair in to get those voluminous bouncy curls or clamp in your hair to get the simpler curls that are loose which many call the wavy style. It features the R and L buttons so you can easily press on one of them to get the exact look you want.
- So many smart features; this curling iron features so many different smart features that makes it stand out from many others. First of all it has the ceramic tourmaline barrel which is responsible for styling your hair while keeping very healthy, the 60 minute automatic shut off feature which turns off the tool in case you forget to turn it off after use, the LCD digital display that shows the particular temperature setting you are using and finally its 360 degree swivel cord for convenient and easy use.
- Many different temperature settings; while other curling irons offer 5-7 temperature settings, the Xtava professional curling iron offers as many as 11 temperature settings. The automatic rotating curler gives you a precise temperature for your hair type so that you achieve the perfect look without hurting your hair. Since all different hair types require different hair needs this curling iron offers a range of temperature settings starting from 210 degrees to 430 degrees so it will all be up to you to make your choice.
- Automatic control; this is probably the easiest curling iron you have ever come across, almost everything is automated, all you will have to do is press a button and it will give you just what you are looking for. Different from all other curling irons we have looked at in this post, this one has an in built hair clip so you don’t have to suffer buying separate clippers. It curls your hair without you putting in any effort whatsoever.
- Control buttons are not strategically positioned; the main complaint about Xtava professional curling iron is its placement of buttons. They are not that easy to access so to change any of the setting, you have to interrupt your curling session so that you are able to reach out for the control buttons.
Hot Tools Professional Jumbo 1 Inch Curling Iron
- Patented pulse technology
- Instant heat recovery
- Variable heat settings up to 430 degrees Fahrenheit
- Rheostat control dial
- 24K gold plated barrel
- Powerful spring clamp
- Fold away soft grip handle
The Hot Tools Professional Jumbo Curling Iron will get you falling in love with curly hair for the rest of your life as it delivers four times more power as compared to all other curling irons. It features patented pulse technology and automatic heat control that senses when there is loss of heat and immediately reproduces heat to ensure that you can curl your hair without any interruption, it is therefore this consistency that generates excellent results all through. This Hot Tools Professional Jumbo Curling Iron is also loved for its 24K gold plated barrel that not only gives it an outstanding appearance but is also sturdy enough to give you years and years of amazing performance. It heats up real fast for you to be able to starting curling your hair without waiting too long. It is designed with the instant recovery function and heats up all the way to 430degrees for you to be able to curl your hair even if it’s thick. Furthermore it allows you to have full control in your hands as it is made with a rheostat dial that you can use to select from the variable heat settings that it has to offer. Yes it looks really fabulous but that is not all, it performs as amazing as it looks.
- High heat makes it great for thick hair; for all the women out there with overly thick hair but still can’t find a curling iron that produces heat high enough to perfectly curl their thick hair, this Hot Tools Professional Jumbo Curling Iron will be the perfect choice to make. This curling iron has the ability to heat up all the way to 430 degrees which is appropriate to penetrate through your thick hair. This curling iron will make curling your thick easier than you ever thought.
- Patented pulse technology; another really outstanding feature of the Hot Tools Professional Jumbo Curling Iron is its patented pulse technology which regulates heat to ensure that you achieve consistent results. This technology enables the curling iron to sense when as soon as there is loss of heat so it reproduces heat immediately this way your curling process will not be interrupted and thus deliver consistent results all through.
- Excellent performance; when it comes to performance, the Hot Tools Professional Jumbo Curling Iron is a complete winner, this curling iron is designed with a 24K gold plated barrel which is a very powerful heating element. With this barrel, the curling iron can sustain heat for longer periods of time as well as a spring clamp that is really powerful to hold your hair in place for you to curl your hair as perfectly as possible. When it comes to performance you will not have any complaints about this curling iron as you enjoy the amazing way it works on your hair and leaves it absolutely healthy and looking very attractive.
- Super comfortable to use; the Hot Tools Professional Jumbo Curling Iron features a soft and secure handle which gives you lots of comfort during the curling process. No matter how long it takes for you to get your entire head curly, the iron will make every minute very comfortable for you and not only because of its soft grip handle but also because of its light weight. You will actually enjoy working with this tool.
- Not recommended for long hair; working on your extremely long hair with the Hot Tools Professional Jumbo Curling Iron will be such a hassle and this has nothing to do with its performance but rather its design. It is designed with such a short barrel that if you used it on long hair you will have to make multiple passes and take a lot of time getting it done. This besides wasting a lot of time, also makes the process very tiresome and greatly damages your hair. Therefore if you have very long hair, you might have to consider another curling iron because this one best works for those with shorter or medium length hair.
Bed Head Deep Waver
- Tourmaline ceramic technology
- Quick 30 second heat up
- Instant heat recovery
- 120 voltage
- Multiple heat settings
- Plate locking switch
- Deep waving plates
Make use of the Bed head deep waver to effortlessly give your hair the most beautiful and distinctive ever waves. Featuring tourmaline ceramic technology, this tool gives you those amazing curls with lots of shine, keeps the hair completely frizz free and creates a style that will last not only all day but all night. Additionally this technology also delivers high and evenly distributed that deeply infuses into the hair from inside out to ensure that as you create your style, your hair never runs dry but rather maintains its moisture. The Bed head deep waver also features multiple heat settings with a rheostat dial that allows you to easily choose any heat setting that you feel most appropriate for your type of hair. It produces heat as high as 400 degrees F which means even when you have extremely thick you will still be able to achieve those deep waves that you want to try out. While other curling irons take so long to heat up, the Bed head deep waver heats up within only 30 seconds and also has the instant heat recovery function saving you the risk of having to wait too long for the tool to heat up like it is with traditional curling irons. When you are through with creating your style you tap the plate locking switch and your tool will conveniently be ready for storage.
- Effortlessly creates waves; the Bed head deep waver is the simplest way you can create waves, with its design and power, this one of hell of a curling tool. It is heats up in only about 30 seconds to save you the frustration of having to wait long just for the machine to heat up when you still have a whole process ahead to wait for. It delivers high heat for those with thick hair and doesn’t require turning your hand in different directions like other curling irons for you to get the look you are looking for, the waver will get everything done just like that.
- 30 second heat up and instant heat recovery; it recovers heat instantly as soon as there is heat loss to ensure that you receive the same results all through and when you switch it on, it will only take 30 seconds for it to heat up. This makes the tool very convenient to use at all times. In only a few minutes you will be able to get those sophisticated curls that you cannot easily get if you were using just any ordinary curling iron.
- Tourmaline ceramic technology; with tourmaline ceramic technology, the Bed head deep waver delivers high heat and evenly distributes it on all parts of hair for consistent results. This technology also makes heat penetrate hair strands from inside out for you to curl your hair while locking in moisture, giving it that shiny appearance and without making it frizzy.
- Easier to use; there are different features that makes the Bed head deep waver really easy to use like the tangle free swivel handle which enables you to reach different parts of your head from any angle, rheostat dial which makes it quick for you to change from one temperature setting to whichever you feel is most appropriate and finally its locking switch for easier storage.
- Very bulky; the Bed head deep waver is very heavy which makes it very difficult to use especially if you are using it on long hair that takes longer to curl. Holding the waver alone if hectic so by the time you are through with the process it will be even more difficult as your hands will all be worked out. This is why some people actually have restrained from using this deep waver.
This marks the end of this detailed review on the ‘’ Best Curling Irons’’ – 2018. Bookmark this post for future reference.
- 1 10 BEST CURLING IRONS – 2018
- 2 How Can You Make Your Hair Curly Without A Curling Iron?
- 3 REVIEWS FOR BEST CURLING IRONS – 2018